Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Coach Stevens last night after the game said Gordon Hayward broke his tibia (which is the shin bone/big bone in your lower leg) and be dislocated his ankle. 

I don’t know if it’s determined if he tore any ligaments yet. Needless to say, he’s probably out for at least 6 months which means he’s almost for sure out the regular season and May not play at all the rest of the season even in the playoffs. 

I don’t know if anyone has looked, but the Celtics are pretty thin on the bench so, this injury hurts them a lot. It forces Marcus Smart to be the starter and then they don’t have much depth behind him.

That Hayward injury was BRUTAL. The Celtics showed a lot of guts by almost winning that game last night. I know they lost but they were clearly shook in the whole first half after the injury. Jaylen Brown is an absolute stud though and him and Tatum will be very good for a long time. The Hayward injury clears room for a lot minutes for those two. If Hayward can come back for the playoffs (big IF), that's just going to be a bonus.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Coach Stevens last night after the game said Gordon Hayward broke his tibia (which is the shin bone/big bone in your lower leg) and be dislocated his ankle. 

I don’t know if it’s determined if he tore any ligaments yet. Needless to say, he’s probably out for at least 6 months which means he’s almost for sure out the regular season and May not play at all the rest of the season even in the playoffs. 

I don’t know if anyone has looked, but the Celtics are pretty thin on the bench so, this injury hurts them a lot. It forces Marcus Smart to be the starter and then they don’t have much depth behind him.

Terry Rozier is an excellent backup PG. He just never got many minutes since they have been so deep. His role will expand more than Smart. Smart already was going to be a 25-30 minute a game player.

1 hour ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Terry Rozier is an excellent backup PG. He just never got many minutes since they have been so deep. His role will expand more than Smart. Smart already was going to be a 25-30 minute a game player.

Yeah, so they went from having 2 great guards and 2 great back ups to now having a great starting pg, an ok staring SG and a good back up PG. It’s an issue. Tatum can play some back up SG though and they’ll be deeper when Marcus Morris returns but still it’s a huge loss and they definitely gave depth issues now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, so they went from having 2 great guards and 2 great back ups to now having a great starting pg, an ok staring SG and a good back up PG. It’s an issue. Tatum can play some back up SG though and they’ll be deeper when Marcus Morris returns but still it’s a huge loss and they definitely gave depth issues now.

Kyrie Irving isn't even a great PG. He's a tremendous scorer but he's not that great of an actual floor general. He's basically a two guard in a point guard body. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kyrie Irving isn't even a great PG. He's a tremendous scorer but he's not that great of an actual floor general. He's basically a two guard in a point guard body. 

I’m just trying to be fair. The wizards fan in me agrees 100% with what you said. Beyond being a scorer, he has the best handles in the nba and is a great passer. He sucks on defense that can’t even be debated by a Kyrie lover, he’s one of the worst defenders in the nba. I really am not sold that the retooling of the Celtics made them better, even if Hayward had stayed healthy. They lost a lot for their depth and their perimeter defense took a huge hit with losing Bradley & Crowder.

their perimeter defense and Olynk getting hot are the two reason they beat the wizards last year in the playoffs w/o them, it could be an issue for them.

6 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

That's a fair assessment. He's a helluva 2 guard though. 

I agree with that. That's why I always get annoyed with the Wall vs. Irving talk. They aren't comparable players because one is a true point and the other is basically a two guard. 

• Like 2