2017 Training Camp Thread

turtle28

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

We should try to trade Breeland for a Dlineman.  Move Fuller outside where I think he'd perform better.  

Maybe Breeland for Sheldon Richardson?

To me losing Breeland would really hurt our cornerback depth. Yes, he's been struggling with confidence and he's not the greatest at locating the ball but I think losing him hurts us because even at his worst he's still an average starter.

With Fabian Moreau & DHall being question marks because they are still recovering from injuries I just personally would hate to see us lose Breeland.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

To me losing Breeland would really hurt our cornerback depth. Yes, he's been struggling with confidence and he's not the greatest at locating the ball but I think losing him hurts us because even at his worst he's still an average starter.

With Fabian Moreau & DHall being question marks because they are still recovering from injuries I just personally would hate to see us lose Breeland.

Moreau and Hall are better than the scrubs we are trotting out there on the Dline.

3 minutes ago, mike23md said:

This is a contract year, so I dont think there is any trading him. 

Maybe if we swiped him for Sheldon Richardson but from what I could gather from the Sheldon Richardson article from a week or so ago when us and other teams wanted to trade for him around the draft earlier this year, everyone wanted him to take a pay cut and he wouldn't agree to it.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Breeland is going to be gone after this season. So wouldn't hurt to get used to it sooner than later before he blows up psychologically and shuts himself out of the bidding war for his services. 

Moreau and Hall are better than the scrubs we are trotting out there on the Dline.

How do we even know that? Our DL is healthy and we know what we are getting from them based on how they played last year.

Hall is 33 and coming off an ACL tear and Moreau is coming off a pec tear and never played a down in the NFL.

I would think it's more we are HOPEFUL that Hall can return to his former self, Fuller can step up and play well and Moreau can play well despite missing reps in camp because he's recovering from a torn pec.

Those 3 things are certainly not a given.

Just now, turtle28 said:

How do we even know that? Our DL is healthy and we know what we are getting from them based on how they played last year.

Hall is 33 and coming off an ACL tear and Moreau is coming off a pec tear and never played a down in the NFL.

I would think it's more we are HOPEFUL that Hall can return to his former self, Fuller can step up and play well and Moreau can play well despite missing reps in camp because he's recovering from a torn pec.

Those 3 things are certainly not a given.

Because we have 1 rookie first round pick and a bunch of scrubs that should be backups.  

Because we have 1 rookie first round pick and a bunch of scrubs that should be backups.  

Yeah, that's what you think but in actuality both McClain & McGee were their team's best two interior defensive linemen last year. You can continue to ignore that if you want but you shouldn't.

Hall is coming off his 2nd ACL tear and has been extending his life by switching to S. I am happy to go to with Moreau and Fuller and see what we have in Holsey with letting Breeland walk. McClain, I have no idea about and McGee may or may not be something worth it. Adding a guy like Richardson would really improve the line. While its hypothetical, the trade would be a huge boost in our favor, and I would not want to pay for Richardson when we can't even pay our freakin QB, who is more vital to our team and Richardson or Breeland are. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, that's what you think but in actuality both McClain & McGee were their team's best two interior defensive linemen last year. You can continue to ignore that if you want but you shouldn't.

Terrell McClain is entering his 8th season in the NFL.  He has 4.5 career sacks, and all of them came in a 4-3 defense.  McClain is already on his 5th NFL team during that timeframe.  McClain is also the same age as Chris Baker, and we paid him more guaranteed money than Baker got.  Baker had 9.5 sacks for the Redskins the past two seasons.  If you think signing McClain over Chris Baker was a good move, you're wrong. 

Stacy McGee is a solid run stuffer that provides very little pass rush.  He has 3.0 career sacks in 4 years with the Raiders.  He also gets injured a lot.  He would probably be a solid option to try at NT, but our coaching staff seems to want to play him at DE.  

These guys are two solid rotation players that should be backups on a team that had real starters on the Dline.  

9 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Hall is coming off his 2nd ACL tear and has been extending his life by switching to S. I am happy to go to with Moreau and Fuller and see what we have in Holsey with letting Breeland walk. McClain, I have no idea about and McGee may or may not be something worth it. Adding a guy like Richardson would really improve the line. While its hypothetical, the trade would be a huge boost in our favor, and I would not want to pay for Richardson when we can't even pay our freakin QB, who is more vital to our team and Richardson or Breeland are. 

We could trade Breeland for Richardson, play Richardson for one season then let him walk in free agency.  Get a comp pick for him when some team gives him a mega deal.  One year of Richardson and a 3rd or 4th round comp pick is a good value for one year of Breeland (he's most likely leaving in FA too, and he won't get as much money as Richardson will).  

Look Mknight, we just aren't going to agree on this. No point in having the same discussion we've had about the DL and in particular McClain & McGee since March. We'll have to see what happens with them. Just know that as I've said thousands of times, they were selected by Jim Tomsula as priority DL he wanted to sign.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Look Mknight, we just aren't going to agree on this. No point in having the same discussion we've had about the DL and in particular McClain & McGee since March. We'll have to see what happens with them. Just know that as I've said thousands of times, they were selected by Jim Tomsula as priority DL he wanted to sign.

If you type @Mknight82 , it will actually alert me that you're posting to me.  

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We could trade Breeland for Richardson, play Richardson for one season then let him walk in free agency.  Get a comp pick for him when some team gives him a mega deal.  One year of Richardson and a 3rd or 4th round comp pick is a good value for one year of Breeland (he's most likely leaving in FA too, and he won't get as much money as Richardson will).  

Wow! That's an amazing thought/scenario you came up with. Pretty unlikely, but one hell of a thought.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/70078/jets-big-money-choice-sheldon-richardson-or-mo-wilkerson 

"First of all, I think they're still open to trading Richardson. From what I hear, they'd like to bolster the cornerback position and he's obviously their best bargaining chip -- maybe their only chip."  - Jets Beat Reporter on ESPN

Archived