2017 Training Camp Thread

turtle28

Via Craig Hoffman:

1. Preston Smith sprained his ankle and they are going to see what it looks like tomorrow and do tests on it to determine how much time he will miss.

2. Maurice Harris would have been back to practice today but he was sick

3. Jamison Crowder wanted to practice today and planned to but coaches/trainers held him out. If it's up to him I'd say he practices tomorrow but they may keep him out until Saturday.

4. Martrell Spaight is dealing with a hamstring strain as well and it's yet to be determined when he will return.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I heard Sua was in one of them & Paul and I think it was just regular training camp chippiness. 

Oh, I figure that was the case. I was just curious who was being chippy.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh, I figure that was the case. I was just curious who was being chippy.

On 106.7 Craig Hoffman and Chris Russell said that is was more Sua being over aggressive than anything which is what most fans like about him.

After forced pass in red zone, Kirk Cousins delivers message http://es.pn/2vwh3RV

"Camp is when you want to make mistakes -- whether you’re a corner using a new technique or a quarterback seeing what you can get away with. If you have a new receiver -- such as Terrelle Pryor -- you must see what you can do with him. Sometimes that means throwing a ball into tight coverage -- will Pryor get it? Thus far, the answer has mostly been yes.

One time Thursday, Pryor tried a double move on corner Bashaud Breeland, who didn’t bite on the fake. He was step for step with Pryor and Cousins threw it anyway (incomplete); you have to see what might happen. If you don’t try that in practice, you won’t know. Another time, Cousins dropped a nice ball over the top of Norman and in front of the safety for a completion to Pryor.

A forced pass in the red zone, though, is one you have to file away as simply a bad idea -- in camp or out. He’s thrown two picks in the red zone the last two years combined; both were forced passes.

Cousins made some good throws Thursday; on one deep-out to receiver Josh Doctson, the ball was en route to him before he even turned on his break. That’s a good sign, not just because the throw was good, but the trust with which it was thrown. That’s a result of working with Doctson. In some ways, that’s why it’s OK to not have Reed or Crowder right now; it forces others to develop timing and rhythm with Cousins."

Al Saunders - who was Pryor's WR coach for the Browns - claimed that Pryor would be a pro bowler this year.

It's going to be another hectic offseason next year having to try to keep both Kirk & Pryor together.

As crazy as it sounds they might have to transition tag Kirk - so they can match his contract - and franchise Pryor so they don't lose him.

Then, they can hopefully work out a long term deal with Pryor after he's franchised.

Archived