The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Jeezla said:

So technically Howie drafted CGJ and Darius Slay. Man has a real eye for drafting secondary players. Zero worries about him taking the right CB at 10.

I don't want Howie drafting a CB at #10. He's proven numerous times over, he or they suck at DB evaluation. Unless a Veteran!

Yes Howie gets credit from trading Draft picks for Starting players.

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He was most definitely no a draft pick. He was a draft day trade but he was not picked in the draft. 

Semantics. He chose to trade #18 for a proven stud in AJ Brown rather then drafting a Rookie like Treylon Burks. That is still a Eagles draft pick.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Semantics. He chose to trade #18 for a proven stud in AJ Brown rather then drafting a Rookie like Treylon Burks. That is still a Eagles draft pick.

Howie traded picks for CGJ and Slay. How do they not count as draft picks if AJ does? Howie gets credit for properly scouting and drafting them too, so you can't say he stinks at CB evaluations. CB at 10 all the way with Howies track record of now drafting a stud CB in Slay and drafting a stud safety in CGJ.

• Like 2

So Howie is great at drafting because he realizes he sucks at drafting, and therefore uses draft picks to trade for veteran players instead of college players for cheap...because he sucks at evaluating collage players....and this makes him great at drafting.

Got it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Ok, so Howie obviously can scout DB's. So we need to take one at 10. Most likely it's going to be another Slay.

I'll let you go back and start from my 1st post. Might want to reread before continuing. Each one explains the next. 

Some key words to look for

a Philadelphia Eagles "Draft pick".

Yes Howie gets credit for 

Unless a Veteran

Just now, UndyTaker said:

So Howie is great at drafting because he realizes he sucks at drafting, and therefore uses draft picks to trade for veteran players instead of college players for cheap...because he sucks at evaluating collage players....and this makes him great at drafting.

Got it.

👏👏👏 Yes

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll let you go back and start from my 1st post. Might want to reread before continuing. Each one explains the next. 

Some key words to look for

a Philadelphia Eagles "Draft pick".

Yes Howie gets credit for 

Unless a Veteran

A draft pick isn't a veteran. It's a draft pick. And you get credit for scouting your draft picks.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

False.  A draft pick is taking a chance on a college kid not knowing what he will become in the NFL.

Howie traded for a guy with 3 years of NFL tape and two 1000 yard seasons under his belt.

In the same draft, 6 picks after AJ Brown Howie drafted JJAWful.  That is with future pro bowlers Diontae Johnson, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin and Hunter Renfroe still on the board.

To call AJ an Eagles draft pick and give Howie credit as such is absolutely absurd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False.  A draft pick is taking a chance on a college kid not knowing what he will become in the NFL.

Howie traded for a guy with 3 years of NFL tape and two 1000 yard seasons under his belt.

In the same draft, 6 picks after AJ Brown Howie drafted JJAWful.  That is with future pro bowlers Diontae Johnson, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin and Hunter Renfroe still on the board.

To call AJ an Eagles draft pick and give Howie credit as such is absolutely absurd.

A "draft pick" is also a guy on a rookie contract for at least 3 seasons (4 if a 1st rounder) at the time you acquire him.

Edited by Jeezla

34 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Every single starter on offense for the SB, was a Philadelphia Eagles draft pick.

I never specified Rookie, that was your assumptions. AJ wasn't a FA, he was traded for using Philadelphia Eagles draft picks.