Aaron Glenn extension

teude

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/2/23/23612998/report-detroit-lions-aaron-glenn-contract-extension-talks

According to a report from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Detroit Lions are in the process of giving defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn a contract extension. Per Fowler, the deal is not done yet, but it’s expected to get done soon and should extend his deal for “multiple years.”

• Like 1

I actually really like this. I said during his interviews, before we build up a defense we need to know if Glenn was going to be DC or not. Tired of changing schemes and having random fit players on the team. If he was going to leave for a HC job, I wanted it to be this offseason so we aren't doing this every year. Hopefully this means he plans to stick around for a little bit and we can have some continuity. 

Not let's spend some money on the defense and win the North!! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I actually really like this. I said during his interviews, before we build up a defense we need to know if Glenn was going to be DC or not. Tired of changing schemes and having random fit players on the team. If he was going to leave for a HC job, I wanted it to be this offseason so we aren't doing this every year. Hopefully this means he plans to stick around for a little bit and we can have some continuity. 

Not let's spend some money on the defense and win the North!! 

Yeah - we know that Ben Johnson is going to be a HC at some point and they're planning on going that route. It's possible that when AG made the rounds he realized that he didn't want to have this inconsistency year to year and build a multi-year plan here in Detroit. If the Lions feel that he's truly the guy at DC then it brings stability on both sides. 

• Like 3