Bucs expected to release Donovan Smith

indifference

1 hour ago, indifference said:

So so glad Bucs are moving on. This dude gets paid too much to be playing the way he does.

Wirfs to LT

Goedeke to RT?

Feel like Bucs could get a nice LT prospect at 19 and upgrade/save money at the same time. 

Lock Winfield & Wirfs up next.

If this is it for Smith, wish him the best.  He was pivotal in the SB season.

I would expect Wirfs to move to LT.  Give him all off season to adjust to the move.  Goedeke and Walton will be on the depth chart at RT.  Leverett was fine at LG and with Jensen back, Hainsey adds a lot of deptb inside.  Move Goedeke back outside.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

If this is it for Smith, wish him the best.  He was pivotal in the SB season.

I would expect Wirfs to move to LT.  Give him all off season to adjust to the move.  Goedeke and Walton will be on the depth chart at RT.  Leverett was fine at LG and with Jensen back, Hainsey adds a lot of deptb inside.  Move Goedeke back outside.

this is PR bruh. Its going to happen the only question is when. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Is this a new thing where you release a guy with 6/1 designation to save more $$ but they're off the roster? I thought we'd have to wait til 6/1 to fully move off that 15.5 million. 

We only save 10 instead of 15. But, we wipe our hands from him completely while allowing/prepping Wirfs to possibly train at LT. Pick 19 is a sweet spot think we’re in position to land a nice OT prospect. Can even find someone in R2. Cant believe bucs fans wanted to hold onto him for so long. Dude loafs so much i know Canales told them we had to move on

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, indifference said:

We only save 10 instead of 15. But, we wipe our hands from him completely while allowing/prepping Wirfs to possibly train at LT. Pick 19 is a sweet spot think we’re in position to land a nice OT prospect. Can even find someone in R2. Cant believe bucs fans wanted to hold onto him for so long. Dude loafs so much i know Canales told them we had to move on

Unfortunatley, that's been a pretty common things for a lot of veterans on this team. Seems when they get paid, they mail it in. 

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Unfortunatley, that's been a pretty common things for a lot of veterans on this team. Seems when they get paid, they mail it in. 

Tbf he was really good in 2021. But every year before and after he reverted to his lazy half effort playing ways. hope he balls out on his next team and this lights a fire under his butt

Edited by indifference

10 hours ago, indifference said:

Tbf he was really good in 2021. But every year before and after he reverted to his lazy half effort playing ways. hope he balls out on his next team and this lights a fire under his butt

The thing with Donovan Smith was that he wasn't completely horrible but wasn't exactly great. He was an average starting LT and many don't even think their are 32 Quality starters at that position. He got paid bc when his contract was up he showed enough to be competent and there were no true options to replace him. Last year was atrocious and with Brady gone - it's time to completely move off him and that outrageous contract