The Steeler Way

Raidersfan1

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I'd love to get him that late.  He's a Safety tho.  You don't draft him and ignore CB the rest of the draft.  

He can also play slot corner, just not out wide. And at his current size, I just can't see him at SS.
He's such a good tackler from the slot. Be interesting to see how far he falls.

12 minutes ago, mwalker said:

He can also play slot corner, just not out wide. And at his current size, I just can't see him at SS.
He's such a good tackler from the slot. Be interesting to see how far he falls.

I think there are better pure slot CBs if that's what you are strictly drafting him for.  The weight is disappointing (maybe he and Tuli have the same nutritionist 😒) but you can't deny his play on the field.  I draft him as a SS.  Get him back up to 190+ and and have him cover slot when necessary. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I think there are better pure slot CBs if that's what you are strictly drafting him for.  The weight is disappointing (maybe he and Tuli have the same nutritionist 😒) but you can't deny his play on the field.  I draft him as a SS.  Get him back up to 190+ and and have him cover slot when necessary. 

if he gets back up to 190, how much speed does he lose?   If the player is mostly for coverage, find a vet CB thats good with this or draft one.  Phillips might fall in the draft, where to though?

I think the point is even if you make B+ selections the rest of the league is as well. That's why the only real way to make up ground is to gamble and make prudent selections, say Schmitz at #32. It may not be sexy, but it solves a need for a decade. If you do that enough during a cycle, you'll have a good team.