The Steeler Way

Raidersfan1

51 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I keep seeing this and it’s so off. 9th most man coverage and 12th most press coverage. We no longer sit back and ask them to support the run from the zone. 

That may be true but, unless I'm wrong, that means they're still playing Zone 60+% of the time.  The League as a whole is mostly Zone.  So if they wanna go majority Man and specifically Press Man, than I'm ok with JP.

12 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

That may be true but, unless I'm wrong, that means they're still playing Zone 60+% of the time.  The League as a whole is mostly Zone.  So if they wanna go majority Man and specifically Press Man, than I'm ok with JP.

Zone was about 45% of the time. 

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Zone was about 45% of the time. 

Ok, we may be looking at 2 different places.  I saw Man 32.xx% the time.  To be fair, my response does feel a little like moving the goal post.  I'm all for Press Man coverage.  In fact, I prefer it if we have the players.  BUT, if you're taking a Press CB that high it better be the Base scheme. 

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Ok, we may be looking at 2 different places.  I saw Man 32.xx% the time.  To be fair, my response does feel a little like moving the goal post.  I'm all for Press Man coverage.  In fact, I prefer it if we have the players.  BUT, if you're taking a Press CB that high it better be the Base scheme. 

PFF had us there and at like 60-ish after the bye week. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I keep seeing this and it’s so off. 9th most man coverage and 12th most press coverage. We no longer sit back and ask them to support the run from the zone. 

our defence is changing and so are the players.  JPj would fit now, but not 10+ years ago

what would our coverage method ratio be if we had corners like JPj, Phillips, Gonzales ?

Edited by 3rivers

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

He’s having a bad combine. 

I love Branch as a football player, but he sure is having a bad combine in numbers, no doubt.
He's smaller, slower (4.58?) and less explosive than everyone thought. He's dropped out of the 1st, 
for sure, I think.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

100% with you. I think he’s a guy you need to study as a right place right time, schemed to be in a good spot, or is he really mentally there to time up everything. 

I think he falls further with those numbers. And I love Branch.
It'd be different if he was 6'1 200, but at what...5'10 195, those numbers hurt his stock.

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

I think he falls further with those numbers. And I love Branch.
It'd be different if he was 6'1 200, but at what...5'10 195, those numbers hurt his stock.

so would you draft him still?

what would be your first 4 picks and if there is a trade mention that 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

so would you draft him still?

what would be your first 4 picks and if there is a trade mention that 

I have loved him all along, but man, that's really an awful performance for him, to be honest.
I'm bummed about it. But he can play. I just think he drops a round, round in a half.

Hard to know my first four picks, without knowing who slips.

I still like CB at RD1, unless J.Carter or P.Johnson fall to us at 17.
So while I'd say BPA, I just think we'll get a top CB here in a position of need.

I like a number of players at 32 (Torrence, Simpson, Harrison, Branch, Bresee) but I think this is our trade down spot, picking up a late 2nd, 4th and 5th.

It gets complicated after that, depending on what's happened above, but say we've gone CB and traded down (acquiring 4th/5th)
I'm hitting the OL and DL and ILB with my next 3 picks, in whatever order the BPA makes sense. 

Too hard to predict what happens after this.

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

I have loved him all along, but man, that's really an awful performance for him, to be honest.
I'm bummed about it. But he can play. I just think he drops a round, round in a half.

I still like CB at RD1, unless J.Carter or P.Johnson fall to us at 17.
So while I'd say BPA, I just think we'll get a top CB here in a position of need.

I like a number of players at 32 (Torrence, Simpson, Harrison, Branch, Bresee) but I think this is our trade down spot, picking up a late 2nd, 4th and 5th.

It gets complicated after that, depending on what's happened above, but say we've gone CB and traded down (acquiring 4th/5th)
I'm hitting the OL and DL and ILB with my next 3 picks, in whatever order the BPA makes sense. 

Too hard to predict what happens after this.

I'd love to get him that late.  He's a Safety tho.  You don't draft him and ignore CB the rest of the draft.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

some might slip but it looks like there have been a few that have moved up in the first round. I am starting to think Porter might be there at 17, gonna be close.  No way Gonzalez makes it past 10, and Witherspoon will still go near that point as well.  Forbes might fall a bit, as might Phillips.   

If B.Jones is there at 17, then LT could be the pick at 17. 

I think the favourites are Porter and Addison  and Jones. If all 3 are there, do they trade down a few spots and get more picks?

We still have to sort out UFA first, so all this doesn't matter so much right now anyways, but it's something to mull about . They will have to trade and or cut player to make room to sign a higher priced UFA and even then they will have only 1 player they can sign like that from the outside if they are to keep Sutton, Larry and Terrell.

5 hours ago, 3rivers said:

some might slip but it looks like there have been a few that have moved up in the first round. I am starting to think Porter might be there at 17, gonna be close.  No way Gonzalez makes it past 10, and Witherspoon will still go near that point as well.  Forbes might fall a bit, as might Phillips.   

If B.Jones is there at 17, then LT could be the pick at 17. 

I think the favourites are Porter and Addison  and Jones. If all 3 are there, do they trade down a few spots and get more picks?

We still have to sort out UFA first, so all this doesn't matter so much right now anyways, but it's something to mull about . They will have to trade and or cut player to make room to sign a higher priced UFA and even then they will have only 1 player they can sign like that from the outside if they are to keep Sutton, Larry and Terrell.

I think although Addison is a nice story with Kenny, he's the wrong pick at 17.
I do really like B.Jones, but yea, Porter might be lining right up. He's not my favourite
corner, but...