22 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

1.17 - Joey Porter Jr CB Penn St

2.32 - John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

2.49 - Kayshon Boutee WR LSU

3.80 - Richard Gouriage OT Florida

4 - Dee Winters LB TCU

7 - Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma St

7 - Quindell Johnson S Memphis

Honestly this draft is more of a possibility than people want to admit to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Raidersfan1 said:

Doesn't look like a bad draft at all.  Between A- and B+.  My only criticism would be the pick at #80.  I understand the need, but not the player there. Especially if you passed on a decent ILB who is in that draft range. 

1.17 - Joey Porter Jr CB Penn St - - Old School Steelers type of CB. I am curious to see him work out to see how loose he is in the hips and his footwork. Hopefully he could be a Richard Sherman type in his prime. High value for a player who would probably not get a lot of INT's.  I am hoping he doesn't turn out to be Chad Scott.  Scott was a decent CB, but he was not elite. I still hate the Jets for stealing Darrelle Revis from us.  That changed the franchise and probably cost a few Super Bowls (definitely the SB loss to the Packers and coverage versus the Patriots in 2016 and key stops in 2017 loss to Jaguars).  BTW, William Gay is still trying to catch up to Jordy Nelson. 

2.32 - John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota - - I would prefer a beefy LT or RT, but you build around your franchise QB by getting him a Center and LT. I like this pick.  Tough kid from what I have seen of him thus far. 

2.49 - Kayshon Boutee WR LSU - - Not a bad pick, but I, personally, would prefer an OT here. 

3.80 - Richard Gouriage OT Florida - - I am still scouting OL's and he is not rated quite that highly from what I am seeing. I will look at some film on him. I would consider U of MD's Jaeylin Duncan in this range.

4 - Dee Winters LB TCU - - I like the position pick. He is smallish, but then again, today's LB's look like safeties from 12 years ago. I would love to get Noah Sewell or Jack Campbell where you took Gouriage if one of them where there. 

7 - Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma St - - Good pick and value here. 

7 - Quindell Johnson S Memphis - - Good pick here as well.

There is enough quality in this draft that six or seven of your picks can make the roster if you draft  properly.

Realistic draft. You hit the positions. No crazy NFL Madden like trades..... The second round and two seventh rounders are very solid value picks (depending on whose board you use).  

JPj might be there, it might depend on risers from the combine. All it takes is a few players to rise and 17 now becomes 13. Of course, what if Ringo tears up the combine, does he go before JPj ? Just an example. People call this pick at 17 no mans land but with certain players as risers at the combine and the pick has a nice value at least with this years talented class.

Boutee off field conduct might have them going with a different player here. 

The pick early for C is a shock. I was under the impression the team likes Cole . Drafting later like RD4 or later for reserve C I could see though.  Some mention Avila for example, could be OG and depth at C, always good to have that IMO.

I think Colbert and company had a great draft last year. Lets hope this years is good too, it's fun anyways

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

JPj might be there, it might depend on risers from the combine. All it takes is a few players to rise and 17 now becomes 13. Of course, what if Ringo tears up the combine, does he go before JPj ? Just an example. People call this pick at 17 no mans land but with certain players as risers at the combine and the pick has a nice value at least with this years talented class.

Boutee off field conduct might have them going with a different player here. 

The pick early for C is a shock. I was under the impression the team likes Cole . Drafting later like RD4 or later for reserve C I could see though.  Some mention Avila for example, could be OG and depth at C, always good to have that IMO.

I think Colbert and company had a great draft last year. Lets hope this years is good too, it's fun anyways

I think JPJ is pretty locked in ahead of RIngo. My take on the Schwartz is that he could probably play LG for us, or allow us to move Cole over. So his selection could be upgrading two spots. At least ideally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Honestly this draft is more of a possibility than people want to admit to.

The most shocking part is he actually made a realistic draft that didnt include trading Alex Highsmith.

Realistic or not, I would hate this, though.   

Im just in the middle on JPJ.   My biggest concern is that his fathers connection to the Steelers will be a big reason we take him.   If we are taking him based purely on what they see on tape, I can accept that...but we'll never know. 

Another 2nd rd WR is a massive fail right now.    

3rd round OT makes little sense to me, which is why it will likely happen.

34 minutes ago, 43M said:

My biggest concern is that his fathers connection to the Steelers will be a big reason we take him. 

withe Weidl, is this as much of a concern? I don't know what he is like or his history with the team other than recent history.  Agree with you that if there is bias , that can be a problem if the tape doesn't support the pick.  

My main concern with JPj is IF he got away with clutching/ holding a bit  more in NCAA , will the same amount be allowed in the NFL. I  would hope the refs are similar, but if the NFL is more strict, that could be a lot of penalties or possibly a player that isn't quite near the draft slot. 

I can't believe some of the CB details we are finding out. Forbes at 166LBS?  This could be a problem for his value despite the tape.  

Just now, 3rivers said:

My main concern with JPj is IF he got away with clutching/ holding a bit  more in NCAA , will the same amount be allowed in the NFL. I  would hope the refs are similar, but if the NFL is more strict, that could be a lot of penalties or possibly a player that isn't quite near the draft slot. 

Some of this stuff can be fixed with hard work and better coaching. He'll definitely get the second one in the league. How hard he will work is anyone's guess. That's why the draft is such a crapshoot. 

1 minute ago, AFF said:

I’d have no problem with him at 32..just my opinion though.

100% with you. I think he’s a guy you need to study as a right place right time, schemed to be in a good spot, or is he really mentally there to time up everything.