Chiefs expected to release DE Frank Clark

RaidersAreOne

It was always going to be either he takes a pay cut or he gets cut. Thought he might rework things to stay around, as he did last year, but maybe he thinks he has a shot at one more big contract. I don't think he does, but I've been wrong before.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I can see them letting Clark go, but Brown was a top tier LT. Who will they get to replace him? 

I think the plan is to keep Brown but in a pinch Thuney is able and was effective when he had to fill in at LT. Not sure how long term of a solution it'd be but better than just putting some band-aid there and having Patty get squished.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I can see them letting Clark go, but Brown was a top tier LT. Who will they get to replace him? 

Top Tier is pushing it.   He’s solid, not spectacular.    I’d rather not pay him top money,  but he will likely get it.    For as much hate as Eric Fisher got,   That’s about where Brown is,  if not a little below 

3 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Top Tier is pushing it.   He’s solid, not spectacular.    I’d rather not pay him top money,  but he will likely get it.    For as much hate as Eric Fisher got,   That’s about where Brown is,  if not a little below 

I thought he was better than Fisher and yes, about to get overpaid like many others.  If they let him go, Thuney over to LT then who to RT?

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

I thought he was better than Fisher and yes, about to get overpaid like many others.  If they let him go, Thuney over to LT then who to RT?

Tbh Fisher received a ton of hate from his first couple years and being a #1 pick.   He turned into a very solid LT, which is around what Brown is.   Fisher’s style fit Mahomes better,  was able to hold blocks better when Mahomes started moving. 

I doubt we move Thuney,   It’s an option as he has showed he can play at similar level to Brown there(albeit low sample size).     Just don’t see the need to move an All Pro caliber player.     

I would guess we’re still not out on trying to bring back Brown once he finds his market value.    Niang is an option at one already,  but I could see us moving up for a guy in the draft also.   You have Creed and Trey coming up with new deals,  and it’s not ideal to lose either,  nor be spending that much on 4 positions on the OL.    I would rather keep Trey and Creed than Orlando.