Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

18 hours ago, fattlipp said:

For rookie draft I have the 1.02 and 1.04 . Caleb will fall to me and if Daniel’s goes 1.03 is there an argument to take Odense over Nabers for stacking purposes. Need WR help so a trade down unless can swap with. 1.05 isn’t an option, need to leave draft with one of the big 3.

If you think odunze and nabers are pretty close, go for it. I've seen a couple talking heads put Rome over Malik flat out.

But something else to consider, could you trade 1.04 for DJ Moore plus ??, maybe early 2nd? Could still end up with a Coleman or Mcconkey type on top of Moore. Just a thought 

On 6/21/2024 at 8:47 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

Dynasty Draft (standard league, flex, TE 1.5 PPR): 

2.01 - Blake Corum - this may have been an error on my part, players who went right after were Ricky Pearsall, Jaylen Wright, Xavier Legette, Ben Sinnott, Ja'Lynn Polk, and Drake Maye. Of them, I regret not jumping on Legette the most, Sinnott I would've been happy with at my next pick but oh well

2.11 - Dillon Johnson 

3.01 - Roman Wilson - JJ McCarthy was sandwiched between them

3.06 - Malachi Corley - Jermaine Burton was between Wilson and Corley, but I do like both of these two

3.11 - Jalen McMillan

4.01 - Tip Reiman - another mess up, I didn't realize Theo Johnson was sitting there; neither may hit but Johnson's upside is tantalizing. Reiman might luck into one of those 40-500-10 seasons but probably not

4.11 - Dylan Laube

5.01 - Will Shipley

EDIT - 5.11 - Spencer Rattler

I have a TON of picks because someone offered me essentially his whole draft for 1.01 (MH Jr); obviously all the top-line players were gone by 1.11 (Harrison, Nabors, Bowers, Odunze were the top 4 picks, then most of what I'd regard as the 2nd tier (Caleb WIlliams, Jayden Daniels, Thomas Jr, McConkey, X Worthy, K Coleman) went. I have a lot of dart throws and I really hope I don't hate myself for missing on Sinnott, Legette, or Theo Johnson the most,  but overall I do like the talent I did snag.  I probably way overdrafted Johnson in particular and probably also Corum, but given the short shelf lives of RBs they aren't in the worst situations. 

Thats tough because I don't think i would trade MHJr for all of that combined.  I think you have some solid upside but don't love the situations for some of them this year.  Roman Wilson should be a great pick given there is nobody else besides he and Pickens to catch balls. 

Dillon Johnson likely could have been had with your last pick so can't really make sense of that pick.  

Corum is a solid pick there but may struggle to get touches.  I don't love that wave of WRs so wouldn't be mad at missing out on those guys especially if you need a RB.  I would have preferred Benson if available but other than that, Corum, Wright, and Lynch are all solid backs in crowded rooms.  

I really like Corely for his talent but that is a really crowded WR room.  I think he might be one of those that starts slow but after Mike Williams is hurt and others start dropping there, he could have a solid second half of the season.  

Laube is probably your best pick IMO.  I think he has the best chance at carving out a role early and has some upside. 

Overall its a very meh draft that I would easily trade the whole thing to have Marvin Harrison jr back. 

On 6/29/2024 at 9:44 PM, fattlipp said:

For rookie draft I have the 1.02 and 1.04 . Caleb will fall to me and if Daniel’s goes 1.03 is there an argument to take Odense over Nabers for stacking purposes. Need WR help so a trade down unless can swap with. 1.05 isn’t an option, need to leave draft with one of the big 3.

I like Odunze over Nabers situation wise.  I love Nabers talent but just hate anyone that Daniel Jones is throwing to. I would probably lean Odunze especially with the stack.  

• 2 weeks later...

@Sllim Pickens I'm in a .5 ppr keeper league where we keep 3.  I have J. Allen, Gibbs and B. Hall as my current keepers.  I am thinking abut trading one of my backs for B. Robinson.  Who would you rather trade for Robinson, Gibbs or Hall? 

Both are studs.  Gibbs plays on a better team with a superior Oline but is smaller and splits carries with Montgomery.  Hall has the backfield to himself but is 1 year older, had an ACL tear but also produced at a high level in a terrible situation last year.  If Rodgers stays healthy Hall should have a monster year now that teams won't be stacking the box.  I am not only looking for the best move this year but long term.  This very well could be Rodgers last year and unless the Jets can solve the QB situation long term another bad Qb could hurt Hall's value.  

What are your thoughts? 

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Sllim Pickens I'm in a .5 ppr keeper league where we keep 3.  I have J. Allen, Gibbs and B. Hall as my current keepers.  I am thinking abut trading one of my backs for B. Robinson.  Who would you rather trade for Robinson, Gibbs or Hall? 

Both are studs.  Gibbs plays on a better team with a superior Oline but is smaller and splits carries with Montgomery.  Hall has the backfield to himself but is 1 year older, had an ACL tear but also produced at a high level in a terrible situation last year.  If Rodgers stays healthy Hall should have a monster year now that teams won't be stacking the box.  I am not only looking for the best move this year but long term.  This very well could be Rodgers last year and unless the Jets can solve the QB situation long term another bad Qb could hurt Hall's value.  

What are your thoughts? 

Looking too far into the future is not wise IMO in dynasty, especially with RBs. I would primarily focus on this year and next, maybe two years down the line but again the point is to win now so can't completely focus on age. 

First I will discuss my thoughts on Bijan.  I think he is a stud and with a QB (either Cousins or Penix) and a new coach, I think he has superstar potential and could be the #1 RB this season.  Its always scary with so much change around a player with coaches and QBs but I think both were clear upgrades to boost his value which was already high. 

I think this year, Breece is the #2 RB with potential to be the #1 RB so I wouldn't trade him for Bijan.  Sure it may be Rodgers last year but we saw how great he was with Zach Wilson last year and I don't think it can get much worse than that at QB so he should still be solid going forward.  The bigger concern there is if their coaching staff gets replaced if they underperform this year and how a new coach might use Hall.  I think Hall has 3-6 years of being a really good RB so well beyond that 2 year outlook. 

Gibbs has sky high potential with the fact that the Lions didn't really replace Josh Reynolds which could mean a much larger role in the passing game for Gibbs.  Being a Lions homer I find it hard to trade Gibbs but given he is splitting time and is smaller (more likely to be injured and fewer rushing TDs), I would probably trade him for Bijan but I wouldn't give up much with him to get Bijan.  I think Gibbs with his pass catching and yards from that, will be more consistent week to week and less TD dependent to give you points but may not have as big of big weeks as Bijan.  

Bottom line is any of these three could be the #1 RB if CMC has any drop off.  All three catch passes, all three will get TDs. But Bijan and Hall do have more clear cut roles but that doesn't mean its a better role. So its sort of a lateral move so truly it should just be all about who you like the most and want to root for.  

• Like 2

Will Gibbs ever get the raw volume that Breece has, and what we expect Bijan to get without Arthur Smith? In a .5 PPR league can his efficiency overcome the amount of work Montgomery will take away?

I would put Breece and Bijan on a level above Gibbs, but its not crazy to think of all 3 as functionally the same 

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Will Gibbs ever get the raw volume that Breece has, and what we expect Bijan to get without Arthur Smith? In a .5 PPR league can his efficiency overcome the amount of work Montgomery will take away?

I would put Breece and Bijan on a level above Gibbs, but its not crazy to think of all 3 as functionally the same 

He probably won't get the volume as a rusher but I think his volume increases as a pass catcher.  Last year Gibbs had a very slow start while he got comfortable, having 7/7/8 carries in 3 of his first four games and then missing two.  Bijan played every game and barely edged out Gibbs in yards and catches.  I know they have a new coach and likely will use Allgeier less, although he was good enough to steal some work and not overuse Bijan. 

As for targets, if Cousin's is the QB, he is not known for checking it down a ton so I am not sure Bijan has an increase in targets. Gibbs is likely to see more with Reynolds gone given the Lions didn't replace him and those 64 targets will be split between Jamo and Gibbs most likely. So if Gibbs gets an extra 30 targets and 22 catches for approx 180 more yards, I think that makes up for a decent amount of the carries Monty steals from him.  

I think Breece is easily on a level above both, Bijan and Gibbs are similar on that next level with Bijan slightly higher.  Thats why I said I would move Gibbs for him but wouldn't give up much else because I feel like Gibbs plus another solid starter is going to net more points than Bijan and a low end starter.  

• Like 1

I know I could get a decent plus on top of Gibbs, maybe even a first, for my Bijan in most of my leagues.. TY guys this is something to think about for sure

Edited by adamq

On 6/29/2024 at 9:44 PM, fattlipp said:

Stacking isnt really necessary in leagues where you set a lineup, they are much more for best ball formats I would think.

Take the WR you have rated higher

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

18 hours ago, adamq said:

I think Gibbs is in the Kamara type of career trajectory where he may never may get 250 carries but he will get 300 touches a year. Maybe not a ton of TDs but he will be a PPR Beast

Plus its worth mentioning he had just 383 collegiate carries to 718 for Breece(plus an ACL injury) and 539 for Bijan. 

Gibbs should have a long runway 

I joined a 10 team PPR Dynasty League, I am picking 4th

QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

2 FLEX

What would your Top-4 picks look like? PPR already favors WR and since I can start up to 5(and required 3) I think im leaning there. 

QBs are devalued too(although I cant imagine anyone suggests going that since it isnt a super flex league)

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So all 4 before Breece and Bijan? I was thinking the same

For full PPR yes.. if it was .5 PPR Bijan would come into play for me but I usually lean to WR unless there are some other bonuses for the RB

Edited by adamq

3 hours ago, adamq said:

JJ, Lamb, Chase, ARSB for me

I agree with this.  Although I might move Lamb to 4 because I am not sure of his situation next year.  If Dak leaves or he leaves he could have a different trajectory but should still produce.  ARSB and Chase are in pretty set situations with solid QBs for a while.  

• Like 1