Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

Yes I have a few now.. actually in the middle of a Lil 10 team startup right now. Rookies are included, so I'm taking some stabs at guys who have stood out for me during the process so far. Quentin Johnston @ 9.1, Darnell Washington and Roschon Johnson at 17.1/17.2, McIntosh at 20.9

Scott Conner (DLF, Patreon) is a good resource for dynasty strategy if you haven't heard of him

Pathetic group of FAs for fantasy.

I expect Monty and Juju to stay where they are..

Hoping Jamaal Williams also stands pat, he was a force last year in Detroit and should keep the pace if he doesn't jump ship

I bought some Mayfield shares for basically nothing over the past couple weeks, expecting him to sign on with SF, maybe Baltimore. Chance of him competing for a job in Tampa is very good news

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 5:43 AM, adamq said:
Pathetic group of FAs for fantasy.

I expect Monty and Juju to stay where they are..

Hoping Jamaal Williams also stands pat, he was a force last year in Detroit and should keep the pace if he doesn't jump ship

I bought some Mayfield shares for basically nothing over the past couple weeks, expecting him to sign on with SF, maybe Baltimore. Chance of him competing for a job in Tampa is very good news.

In terms of fantasy impact I like:

Baker Mayfield | Tampa Bay - I've never been a huge Baker fan but he's going to have a ton of talent around him at WR in one of the worst divisions in football, he should be a serviceable QB2 in super flex leagues. 

David Montgomery | Detroit - Montgomery hasn't been great in fantasy the last couple of years, primarily due to being in a bad offense but he has shown elite level PPR upside in the past finishing as the RB6 in 2020. He'll be the feature back for a top 5 scoring offense that supported the RB16 and RB18 in terms of PPG in 2022. I think he has low end RB1 / high end RB2 upside. 

Rashaad Penny | Philadelphia - Penny's flashes have been as good as almost any RB in the league, the problem is that those flashes have been few and far between due to injuries. He's reportedly 100% already and has a chance to be the leading rusher for one of the best offenses in the league next year. His lack of involvement in the passing game and Hurts redzone touches aren't ideal but he's definitely someone that will be on my radar. 

Samaje Perine | Denver - Perine has been one of the most valuable handcuffs in fantasy over the past couple of seasons and I think that trend will continue this year as he's set to backup Javonte Williams. Williams is reportedly having some issues with his knee so Perine should be the Broncos lead back until he's healthy. Sean Payton loves to utilize his RB's in the passing game and their offense should be better under his direction. He might not have value throughout the season but he's someone I'll target to use early on.

Jamaal Williams | New Orleans - Williams, like Perine, has been one of the most valuable handcuff's in fantasy for years backing up Aaron Jones and D'Andre Swift. He finally got his opportunity to be a feature back last season and he didn't disappoint with 17 TD, which resulted in him finishing as the RB13 in PPR. The Saints offense should be much improved with Derek Carr at QB and Williams will get a chance to be a change of pace back for Kamara. Williams might even be the Saints feature back for a stretch of next season depending on what happens with Kamara's legal issues. I'd like him more if he was a better receiver but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a career year catching the ball.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

5 point passing TD, superflex full PPR

Depends on your personal preference,  how long league is likely to last.

Jackson...highest short term ceiling...  but comes with the real risk he sits part of 23 and who knows about 24+.

Fields... high ceiling, but could not develop and be out in 1-2 years.

Lawrence.... lowest ceiling but offers more long term security

On 3/28/2023 at 2:04 PM, squire12 said:

Depends on your personal preference,  how long league is likely to last.

Jackson...highest short term ceiling...  but comes with the real risk he sits part of 23 and who knows about 24+.

Fields... high ceiling, but could not develop and be out in 1-2 years.

Lawrence.... lowest ceiling but offers more long term security

Lawrence is the best prospect since Manning. His ceiling is astronomically high. He’s far and away the best option of the three

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm hoping to land Lawrence and Watson with my first two picks. You think QB/QB is the move?

I think you definitely need to walk away with one in the first two rounds, I could see Watson being there in the second round for you as well. I don’t think you need to sacrifice a third to get him. 

On 3/29/2023 at 9:01 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Lawrence is the best prospect since Manning. His ceiling is astronomically high. He’s far and away the best option of the three

You think Lawrence can touch the season Jackson had in 2019?