Dynasty General Discussion

NYRaider

Picking up Andres Iosivas anywhere and everywhere I can as a taxi squad/developmental guy. I think he takes a big step forward this year and could be the Higgins replacement in 25, not Burton

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamq said:

The way I see it Benson is pretty equal to either cook or Pacheco, and then the rest of that package doesn't come close to Jefferson in dynasty but I can see your side

Benson being equal to Cook and Pacheco is a wild take IMO.  He sure eventually could get there, but he is currently a backup and all of his value is projection.  He could easily have a year like Kendre Miller or Zach Charbonnet or Tank Bigsby and have little value in 2025 just like he could have a Devon Achane year and have a bit of value next year. Most likely given Connors age he has a Tyjae Spears type season and then depending on what the Cards do at RB in 25, should still ahve decent value in 2025.  But Cook and Pacheco are both proven and on good teams and are top 40 dynasty keepers.  If you are trying to win this year, which this is the type of move you make when the rest of your team is good enough to win now, that Cook/Pacheco value is significantly more than Benson's.  

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Benson being equal to Cook and Pacheco is a wild take IMO.  He sure eventually could get there, but he is currently a backup and all of his value is projection.  He could easily have a year like Kendre Miller or Zach Charbonnet or Tank Bigsby and have little value in 2025 just like he could have a Devon Achane year and have a bit of value next year. Most likely given Connors age he has a Tyjae Spears type season and then depending on what the Cards do at RB in 25, should still ahve decent value in 2025.  But Cook and Pacheco are both proven and on good teams and are top 40 dynasty keepers.  If you are trying to win this year, which this is the type of move you make when the rest of your team is good enough to win now, that Cook/Pacheco value is significantly more than Benson's.  

Maybe I'm stuck in a sleeper bubble. Here's where these players rank in Sleeper 12 team SF PPR dynasty startup ADP

JJ- 5th overall, WR1

Pacheco/Cook- RB13 and 14, 56 and 59 overall. 

Benson- RB19, 84 overall

In a dynasty bestball I could maybe squint and see it, but not in a lineup league

1 hour ago, adamq said:

Maybe I'm stuck in a sleeper bubble. Here's where these players rank in Sleeper 12 team SF PPR dynasty startup ADP

JJ- 5th overall, WR1

Pacheco/Cook- RB13 and 14, 56 and 59 overall. 

Benson- RB19, 84 overall

In a dynasty bestball I could maybe squint and see it, but not in a lineup league

See, I am the opposite in that in a bestball I would rather have JJ and Benson.  You want the people with the highest weekly potential, not the highest/most consistent and JJ is easily that and Benson likely has more value at the end of the season/playoffs for BB.  

Didn't realize it was a SF, but in FantasyPro's composite dynasty/keeper rankings, they have Pacheco 39 and Cook 43 as RB 12/14.  Benson is actually much closer than I would have expected there at 57 RB16.  JJ is the #1 overall there so thats additional value.  Others seem to be higher on Benson than me but I consider all rookie RBs not drafted in the 1st or 2nd with a clear job as lotto tickets.  So you might get Achane or might get Bigsby.  Add in Moss and another 2nd round pick, and thats not terrible value.  

As I said, I don't think it was a great trade, and I hate giving up the best overall player in a deal but as I said, if you have depth at WR and need some RB's, I think its an understandable move.  I would have tried to use JJ to get a couple better RBs or the top RB but if you want/need multiple starters at RB, than this is about what you can expect.  

The main point of my initial analysis was saying this deal sounded much better than Kamara and a 1st plus a college QB that I am not high on at all for NFL potential and I don't think there is collusion in the deal.  Its not far enough off where I would start drama.  And all of the trade calculators agree or say you should be outraged for the guy receiving the RBs.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Would you trade Breece Hall for two 1st round picks? #7 overall this year and a 2025 1st 

How many teams? Is it a keeper or dynasty?  If its keeper, how many are kept and do you know who is being kept?  Not sure it really matters but helps to know these things. 

In a dynasty league in which it is a rookie draft, you are likely getting a guy like Trey Benson, Ladd McConkey, maybe Jonathan Brooks.  If that team has the #7 pick this year and adds Breece, they likely are giving you a worse pick next year. I don't think I would do this in a dynasty unless I was getting pick 1 and adding Marv plus a first next year.  

If its a one or two keeper league, I am guessing most of the top RBs will be kept so probably picking from similar rookie RBs or old guys who are likely to fall off.  

So the short answer is I would not do it unless its a 1 keeper league and your top pick is a chance at an Achane, Jonathan Taylor, or one of the top WRs and will get the extra first next year.  

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I declined And he offered Rachaad White and two 1st for Breece and Mayfield. Definitely thinking about doing this. It’s Superflex, Dynasty. 

I think Rachaad White is being overdrafted at this point and given the fluctuations of RB, I think he drops some in the final RB rankings this year. He is a sell guy on most podcasts/shows I have listened to.  I also am admittedly higher on Breece than most given I am debating on taking him at #1 in my 16 man league due to settings and the fact its rare for a RB to finish as RB1 in back to back years.   

In a Superflex dynasty, I am not sure I love it for the 7th pick still plus likely a later pick next year.  Where are you picking with your own pick?  If you lose Baker, you will likely have to go QB with one of your 1sts, and I am guessing Caleb and Daniels will be gone by the 7th pick.  So I am not sure I like White, Maye/McCarthy/Nix/Penix plus a late first next year over Breece and Baker.  Sure those guys have bigger upside at QB than Baker but they also have high bust potential to be Zach Wilson or Mac Jones. Just seems risky and sort of trading just to trade and doesn't make your team any better long term and makes you worse this year.  If Baker is your QB3 and you can go non-QB at 7, it looks better because you likely will add Brooks/Benson/one of the 2nd tier WRs to go with whoever your starters are.  

29 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Rachaad White is being overdrafted at this point and given the fluctuations of RB, I think he drops some in the final RB rankings this year. He is a sell guy on most podcasts/shows I have listened to.  I also am admittedly higher on Breece than most given I am debating on taking him at #1 in my 16 man league due to settings and the fact its rare for a RB to finish as RB1 in back to back years.   

In a Superflex dynasty, I am not sure I love it for the 7th pick still plus likely a later pick next year.  Where are you picking with your own pick?  If you lose Baker, you will likely have to go QB with one of your 1sts, and I am guessing Caleb and Daniels will be gone by the 7th pick.  So I am not sure I like White, Maye/McCarthy/Nix/Penix plus a late first next year over Breece and Baker.  Sure those guys have bigger upside at QB than Baker but they also have high bust potential to be Zach Wilson or Mac Jones. Just seems risky and sort of trading just to trade and doesn't make your team any better long term and makes you worse this year.  If Baker is your QB3 and you can go non-QB at 7, it looks better because you likely will add Brooks/Benson/one of the 2nd tier WRs to go with whoever your starters are.  

I have Mahomes, Purdy and Kyler as my QBs. I’m picking 10th with my own pick (10-team dynasty) 

2 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I have Mahomes, Purdy and Kyler as my QBs. I’m picking 10th with my own pick (10-team dynasty) 

That would make more sense then.  You would then be getting White and one of Nabers, Odunze, Marv, Bowers, Caleb, Daniels, Brooks, Worthy, Benson, Ladd depending on how you rank them and adding the 1st next year.  Its still risky potentially losing the top RB this season but I can definitely see that.  I someone needs a RB ahead of 7, it drops one of the elite pass catchers to you so would hope someone takes Brooks ahead of you. 

My league plays on yahoo still. IDK why. I'm trying to mock draft and I literally can scroll down to select players. I don't know what happening. I've tried scrolling reddit but nothing seems o help. Anyone experiencing this and knows a fix?

Edit. It works on Chrome but not Firefox.

Edited by twslhs20

Went into my rookie draft with the mindset of not picking for need and just adding BPA….resulted in me adding….

1. Jayden Daniels 
2. Ladd McConkey 
3. JJ McCarthy 
4. Blake Corum 
5. Jermaine Burton 

Now I have way to many QBs on my team, which I guess Isn’t a bad thing. 

Patrick Mahomes
Brock Purdy
Kyler Murray 
Jayden Daniels
JJ McCarthy 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...