The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Most impressive part of the brawl yesterday to you guys?

1. Arenado stacking/shedding the catcher when charging the mound. Looked like Aaron Donald.

2. Gallegos scaling the BP wall to get out there.

3. Molina beating guys in foot race with his gear on.

4. Stubby taking Alonso down 🤣🤣🤣

But apparently Alonso can put somebody in the hospital if he wants to…. 🙄 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

And has been for a long time. I wonder how Edman will hold up with increased time at SS?

That’s my one worry with a middle infield of Gorman and Edman. I think Edman will be more than fine as I think he can play any time position and at a high level the more time he plays there. I don’t even think DeJong is all that great in the field anyway. Regardless, I’d sacrifice a little defense to take a liability out of the lineup. Mo has get over his failure of a contract in DeJong. It’s Gorman’s time.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

57 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

But apparently Alonso can put somebody in the hospital if he wants to…. 🙄 

He's a big strong guy 🤣

Talk about the ultimate 'bro' attitude and making yourself out to be a d-bag lol. Pete Alonzo is the poster child. 

Edited by kgarrett12486

Oh I like this guy. Plus the kid can absolutely rake. Starting 2021 in High-A to being in the Big Leagues a year later is a pretty impressive run for him. The Cardinals were aggressive with him and he's hit at every level so far. Hoping there's some more ABs in his future.

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Safe to say this team isn’t very good. Offense is absolutely pathetic. DeJong(lol), Carlson, and TON are flat out garbage right now. 

Bruh you were thinking playoffs like 4 days ago lol….it’s 162 game season. Bats have gone cold this week but they’ll bounce back. 

6 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Bruh you were thinking playoffs like 4 days ago lol….it’s 162 game season. Bats have gone cold this week but they’ll bounce back. 

Not really. It’s been well over a week now. Any decent pitching they face, they can’t hit. Getting absolutely embarrassed at home by a team that will finish towards the bottom of the league. 

I've let it be known my thoughts on the Zack Thompson pick a few years ago, hoping I'm absolutely wrong on that. His Curve looks filthy right there. His start today was cut short due to Rain, only threw 2 innings, allowing a run and striking out 3. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

On 4/30/2022 at 8:14 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

The Cardinals have 14 as a team….

When are pitchers going to stop throwing him loopy breaking balls? Seems like every dinger he hits is on a fluttering slider. Not taking anything away from him, but those pitches are considerably sharper in the show.