Taylor Heinicke to the Falcons: In Memoriam Thread

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:
23 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

The fact of the matter is that Taylor was a Free Agent, if he wanted to be here over going somewhere else, he would have. 

Actually the bolded is not a fact. That’s your opinion.

Actually, it is fact. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-ex-taylor-heinicke-heartbroken-leave-atlanta-falcons-nfl-free-agency

"The move ends his three-year stint in Washington, where he became a fan favorite after his playoff performance two years ago against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

From that moment on, Heinicke built a home in Washington, a place he didn't look forward to leaving. In fact, Heinicke revealed that he was planning to re-sign with the Commanders earlier this week, but talks eventually fizzled when the Falcons offered him a better deal."

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s my opinion that Eric Bieniemy wanted a different back up QB with a stronger arm who played better within the structure of the offense. That’s why we got a guy like Jacoby Brissett. 

It’s been pretty clear with the signings on offense & the firing of Matsko that Rivera is letting Bienemy build his own staff and tell Rivera & Mayhew who he wants to sign on his offense.

As I have stated many times, Taylor chose to not come back. We don't know what Washington offered. We don't know if Taylor gave Washington a chance to match. It is clear that the decision to leave was 100% Taylor's to make and he made the best decision for him. 

36 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Actually, it is fact. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/commanders/news/washington-commanders-ex-taylor-heinicke-heartbroken-leave-atlanta-falcons-nfl-free-agency

"The move ends his three-year stint in Washington, where he became a fan favorite after his playoff performance two years ago against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

From that moment on, Heinicke built a home in Washington, a place he didn't look forward to leaving. In fact, Heinicke revealed that he was planning to re-sign with the Commanders earlier this week, but talks eventually fizzled when the Falcons offered him a better deal."

As I have stated many times, Taylor chose to not come back. We don't know what Washington offered. We don't know if Taylor gave Washington a chance to match. It is clear that the decision to leave was 100% Taylor's to make and he made the best decision for him. 

Well okay yeah he chose not to come back because the Falcons offered more money. he did something 95% of people in the nfl do. 

its whatever. We offered. He was interested. Someone made a better offer. He took it. I respect that for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Well okay yeah he chose not to come back because the Falcons offered more money. he did something 95% of people in the nfl do. 

its whatever. We offered. He was interested. Someone made a better offer. He took it. I respect that for him. 

Not begrudging the guy. I said when Carson bombed against the Browns that it was pretty obvious that the bridge had been burned between Taylor and the team. I didn't have a problem with them going back to Carson and my take was really wrong. Looking back Taylor handled it very professionally. His interview after losing the starting gig was pretty explanatory on his relationship with the team. Like you said, both sides were interested in a reunion and Atlanta sweetened the pot and he secured his financial future. I think the world of Taylor the person and the competitor. Glad he got his bag.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/24/with-commanders-sale-looming-nfl-owners-will-pause-consideration-of-removing-daniel-snyder/

“The vote-out will happen if he insists on being indemnified,” a source with direct knowledge of the owners’ views told the Post. “If the deal [to sell the team] is just like Denver, that’s fine. But if he expects special treatment, that leads to trouble. The biggest thing that will lead to a vote is if he says, ‘Indemnify me.’ That’s the issue.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Actually, it is fact. 

Of course he left for more $. Well, maybe Bieniemy was open to re-signing Taylor. I’d still say that he would probably like Brissett’s arm strength and size better than Taylor’s though.