Taylor Heinicke to the Falcons: In Memoriam Thread

MikeT14

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They should’ve just brought him back. 

He didn't want to be back... the team literally buried him so Carson Wentz could throw 3 INTs and cost our playoff chances. He can be as thankful as he wants to be for his time here, but he left because Ron and Co lost their faith in him. He made the right decision to leave too. He made bank from Atlanta. 

At the end of the day, we need to find our QBotF and Heinicke wasn't it. If Howell isn't it either, the new owner will select a new staff that will select the new QBotF next year. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 7:27 PM, lavar703 said:

Sigh. Glad we responded by overpaying the guy who ended up having almost the exact same numbers as Heinicke except for yards. If Brissett starts I'm going to be so sad lol

I’ll be more disappointed than sad if Brissett starts. If Brissett starts it means that he clearly out performed Howell & Howell isn’t ready to be a starter and may never be.

11 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

He didn't want to be back... the team literally buried him so Carson Wentz could throw 3 INTs and cost our playoff chances. He can be as thankful as he wants to be for his time here, but he left because Ron and Co lost their faith in him. He made the right decision to leave too. He made bank from Atlanta. 

At the end of the day, we need to find our QBotF and Heinicke wasn't it. If Howell isn't it either, the new owner will select a new staff that will select the new QBotF next year. 

I don’t really think Heinicke is being insincere in what he said. Washington gave him a chance to play football again and it seemed before we signed him in 2020 that he was going to retire from football.

Ron made an awful decision to go to Wentz, most of us knew that when Ron did that but I don’t think that means Heinicke wasn’t truly thankful for the opportunity Ron & Scott gave him in 2020 & then again by re-signing him in 2021.

The firing of Scott & hiring of Bieniemy sealed Heinicke’s fate as a Commander QB IMO. Bieniemy wanted to go in a different direction & get a bigger/stronger armed QB.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t really think Heinicke is being insincere in what he said. Washington gave him a chance to play football again and it seemed before we signed him in 2020 that he was going to retire from football.

Ron made an awful decision to go to Wentz, most of us knew that when Ron did that but I don’t think that means Heinicke wasn’t truly thankful for the opportunity Ron & Scott gave him in 2020 & then again by re-signing him in 2021.

The firing of Scott & hiring of Bieniemy sealed Heinicke’s fate as a Commander QB IMO. Bieniemy wanted to go in a different direction & get a bigger/stronger armed QB.

Never said he was being insincere. The fact of the matter is that Taylor was a Free Agent, if he wanted to be here over going somewhere else, he would have. Taylor is a super genuine dude, I have no doubt he means what he says about Washington being a special place and him being thankful for his time here. I don't think any of the staff changes had any effect on him wanting or not wanting to resign here. That ship sailed when he got benched for Carson Wentz and then when Ron tried to go back to him, Taylor protected his future by not playing against Dallas in a meaningless game. I would not be surprised, especially since its Washington, to hear a report later on saying that it was Scott Turner who pushed so hard to go back to Wentz. I mean if Taylor liked Scott so much why wouldn't he go to Las Vegas?

Again, I have the utmost respect for Taylor for what he did here. He has been the most exciting QB we have had since RG3 came into the league, but he just isn't a franchise QB and it was best for both sides to move on.

21 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Never said he was being insincere. The fact of the matter is that Taylor was a Free Agent, if he wanted to be here over going somewhere else, he would have. Taylor is a super genuine dude, I have no doubt he means what he says about Washington being a special place and him being thankful for his time here. I don't think any of the staff changes had any effect on him wanting or not wanting to resign here.

That ship sailed when he got benched for Carson Wentz and then when Ron tried to go back to him, Taylor protected his future by not playing against Dallas in a meaningless game. I would not be surprised, especially since its Washington, to hear a report later on saying that it was Scott Turner who pushed so hard to go back to Wentz. I mean if Taylor liked Scott so much why wouldn't he go to Las Vegas?

Again, I have the utmost respect for Taylor for what he did here. He has been the most exciting QB we have had since RG3 came into the league, but he just isn't a franchise QB and it was best for both sides to move on.

Actually the bolded is not a fact. That’s your opinion.

It’s my opinion that Eric Bieniemy wanted a different back up QB with a stronger arm who played better within the structure of the offense. That’s why we got a guy like Jacoby Brissett. 

It’s been pretty clear with the signings on offense & the firing of Matsko that Rivera is letting Bienemy build his own staff and tell Rivera & Mayhew who he wants to sign on his offense.