2023 Draft Discussion (Day2pg18)

Chiefs_5627

I don't pay attention as much as I use to but I'm curious of some of your favorite prospects, some predictions and whom ultimately we think Veach n co. should take. 

I usually wind up with a couple favorites, last year it was feisty George Pickens (we were RIGHT THERE!! 😭) this year I got my eye on Jonathan Mingo, dude just seems like a pure athlete with stickum on every finger.  I enjoy watching his highlights, not sure if he'd even fit in here, but I'd love it if we could snag him in those later rounds. 5th maybe?  

Anyone else y'all would recommend I study up on a bit?

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

I love FAU from K-State and Mazi the Mountain out of Michigan.  If we could get either guy I think there’sa real dynamic they could bring to the D line.  Mazi is where runs up the middle plays go to die, and him pulling Oline to him would allow Jones to penetrate more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Like Mingo, I think he might slide up to around the 3rd. 

Grant Debose is pretty fun,    kind of a way less polished version of George Pickens 

Mingo mist be more sought after than I realized, some of the early chatter I read made it seem like he was a 4th-5th area.

I'll check into Debose. I really liked Pickens gamebreaker style but I could almost see why they didn't snag him, he's like a Mecole that can actually track the ball. Maybe they thought they'd get Mecole for longer though

10 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

That's a guy I keep hearing about, I gotta look into him some more

He’s not going to be your flashy sacks guy…but Jesus does this guy eat space.  I’ll be interested to see what he plays like if he’s ASKED to do more than plug holes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

He’s not going to be your flashy sacks guy…but Jesus does this guy eat space.  I’ll be interested to see what he plays like if he’s ASKED to do more than plug holes.

No more Saunders and Nnadi up in the air, the need is there.

30 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Mingo mist be more sought after than I realized, some of the early chatter I read made it seem like he was a 4th-5th area.

I'll check into Debose. I really liked Pickens gamebreaker style but I could almost see why they didn't snag him, he's like a Mecole that can actually track the ball. Maybe they thought they'd get Mecole for longer though

That’s Tyler Scott or Marvin Mims for me.      I really like Scott in that Z/Y flex role for 10+ years.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

If we go WR at 31, i'd like either of the Tennessee boys, Hyatt (not as likely) or Cedric Tillman (taller and  gluey hands)

Hyatt is a burner! Just seems so thin, like a stiff breeze could do damage to him lol. When watching highlights he reminds me of Devanta Smith type (just from a physical pov). 

As for Tillman it would be a bit ironic considering his pops was a Bronco 😎 

He seems like a contested catch guy without much speed, we never seem to do much of the 50/50 tosses but it's be nice to have a guy with that capability.

2 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I love FAU from K-State and Mazi the Mountain out of Michigan.  If we could get either guy I think there’sa real dynamic they could bring to the D line.  Mazi is where runs up the middle plays go to die, and him pulling Oline to him would allow Jones to penetrate more.

👀👀

Dude moves like a much smaller man. That swim move is filthy as well.

7 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Agree with EMAW_KSU about Mazi Smith. He was the strongest in the Combine weight lifting reps. He'll help take pressure off Chris Jones.

I was surprised how well he moves for such a big dude, he can easily hold an olineman with one hand but the craziest part to me is he looks like he can be even stronger yet. Get him to an NFL weight room and yikes