2023 Draft Discussion (Day2pg18)

Chiefs_5627

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Problem is, FAU fares poorly in the rushing game. He'll have to be coached up fast.

Lots of people in college are asked to do one thing or another.  He has length and speed to run people down.  Good DL coaching, which we have will go a long way.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:48 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Going to give my top 5 for each position. This is with limited scouting, so I'm not as confident about this as in past years. Alphabetical order without concern to rounds. This is considering their fit in KC and not anywhere else.

QB: Don't care

RB: Zach Charbonnet, Jahmyr Gibbs, Kendre Miller, Bijan Robinson, Deuce Vaughn

TE: Cameron Latu -- didn't really scout here tbh

WR: Jordan Addison, Andrei Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Jonathan Mingo, Rashee Rice -- this class is underwhelming

OL: Jaelyn Duncan, Anton Harrison, John Michael Schmitz, O'Cyrus Torrence, Darnell Wright

DL: Will Anderson Jr, Calijah Kancey, Myles Murphy, Lukas Van Ness, Tyree Wilson

LB: Drew Sanders -- didn't really scout here tbh

DB: Sydney Brown, Emmanuel Forbes, Christian Gonzalez, Christopher Smith, Devon Witherspoon

Bumping for myself.

Edited by kingseanjohn

10 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

How do you determine any of that? Why wouldn't he get the pressures but convert the sacks?

What makes you think he's "capable of stepping inside"?

This is all in his evaluations. For example one of them said that he played out of position at DT too much at KSU.

The bend is the important thing. FAU has excellent bend. Karlaftis is likely to get a pressure by forcing an OL back into his QB. One of the things we commented on last season was that GK got a lot of pressures but few sacks. If an Edge bends the OT then the OT is no longer between him and the QB. FAU is boing eat guys like Wylie for lunch. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Not sure if you caught it but FAU said Deuce Vaughn is his best friend... probably means nothing but could mean something lol

I saw they went to the draft together yesterday and to a hospital to visit kids today. I'd take him as early as the 4th and I hope we do. I admit, the 4th is probably early, but if we want to guarantee it, we have to go early.

• Like 2