Aaron Rogers to Jets for

2023 Rd 1 swap of picks. Greenbay moves up to 13th

2023 Rd 2 pick, 

2024 Rd 2 

Free Agents: 

S Tarvarius Moore
Details
: Signed with Green Bay, March 17
Instant analysis: A sixth-year player, Moore was originally drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round (No. 95 overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft out of Southern Mississippi. He played in 61 regular season games with 13 starts during the regular season, registering 87 tackles (63 solo), six passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. Moore also registered 26 tackles on special teams. He appeared in six postseason contests and recorded a tackle (solo), two passes defensed and an interception as well as three special teams tackles.

LS Matt Orzech
Details: Signed with Green Bay, March 17
Instant analysis: For the second straight offseason, the Packers dove into unrestricted free agency to address their special teams with the signing of Orzech. The 6-foot-3, 245-pound long snapper has played in 50 career games over his three NFL seasons. He won a Super Bowl ring during his two-year stint with the Los Angeles Rams after breaking into the NFL as the Jacksonville Jaguars' long snapper in 2019. The Packers will be Orzech's sixth NFL team. He joins incumbent Jack Coco as the two long snappers on the Packers' offseason roster.

TE Austin Hooper

Hooper had 84 receptions on 131 targets for 780 receiving yards and seven touchdowns in 29 career games with the Browns. After two years with the team, Cleveland released the veteran tight end last offseason.

Austin-Hooper-free-agency-Where-will-ex-

NFL Draft:

First round, No. 13 overall (Jets)

Second round, No. 43 overall (Jets)
Second round, No. 45 overall
Third round, No. 78 overall
Fourth round, No. 116 overall
Fifth round, No. 149 overall
Fifth round, No. 170 overall (compensatory)
Seventh round, No. 232 overall
Seventh round, No. 235 overall (from LAR)
Seventh round, No. 242 overall (from JAX)
Seventh round, No. 256 overall (compensatory)

First round, No. 13 overall (Jets)

Ohio State image Paris Johnson*, OT/G, Ohio State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 313. Arm: 36.13. Hand: 9.5.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2023): 1-2.

View Ranking History

3/18/23: Johnson started at left tackle for the Buckeyes in 2022 and played well. He was rock solid for Ohio State, providing steady blind-side protection for C.J. Stroud. Johnson is a good athlete with size and quickness. With his skill set and upside, Johnson could be a good starting left tackle early in his NFL career.

ALR2YFQ3MJFQ3JXZ4PDBAXAN2U.jpg

Second round, No. 43 overall (Jets)

Georgia image Darnell Washington*, TE, Georgia
Height: 6-7. Weight: 264. Arm: 34.38. Hand: 11.
Official 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2023): 2-3.

View Ranking History

3/11/23: In 2022, Washington recorded 28 receptions for 454 yards and two touchdowns. He blocked really well and would have been a starter with a much bigger role and production if he had played at another school where he was not stuck behind Brock Bowers. Washington had an excellent workout at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine running a fast 40 and putting on a good showing in the field work.

washington_darnell_c_walsh.jpg&height=30

Second round, No. 45 overall

USC image Tuli Tuipulotu*, DE, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 266. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 10.13.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2023): 1-2.

View Ranking History

2/18/23: Tuipulotu was one of the most productive pass rushers in the nation during 2022, very consistently getting after the quarterback. For the year, he collected 46 tackles, 13.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and three passes broken up.

Tuipulotu is an interesting player for the next level. He has some serious twitch and explosion as a rusher. Tuipulotu can fire his gap and create some disruption with his burst to get behind the line. The 290-pounder is big and carries his weight well. Tuipulotu is listed at 6-foot-4, but he might be more like 6-foot-3. Thus, Tuipulotu is a bit of a tweener in that he lacks the length of end, but he is a little underweight for defensive tackle. As a pro, he might be able to add some more weight to be an every-down defensive tackle, or he could potentially fit as a 4-3 defensive tackle and three-technique. Tuipulotu could end up as a first- or second-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft.

LDN-L-USC-FBC-1112-KB32.jpg?w=559

Third round, No. 78 overall

Alabama image Demarco Hellams, S, Alabama
Height: 6-1. Weight: 208.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2023): 2-4.
View Ranking History

3/18/23: Hellams racked up 108 tackles, one forced fumble, one sack, one interception and seven passes broken up in 2022. He was a solid defender for Alabama and could fit as a strong safety in the NFL.

102222_MFB_HellamsDe_MSU_TS1364_pbGRu.jp

Fourth round, No. 116 overall

Stanford image Elijah Higgins, WR, Stanford
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235. Arm: 31.75. Hand: 10.5.
Official 40 Time: 4.54.
Projected Round (2023): 3-5.

View Ranking History

3/11/23: In 2022, Higgins totaled 59 receptions for 704 yards and two touchdowns.

stanford-wr-elijah-higgins.jpg

Fifth round, No. 149 overall
Michigan State image Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 187. Arm: 30.5. Hand: 9.13.
Official 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2023): 3-4.

View Ranking History

3/11/23: Reed recorded 55 receptions for 636 yards and five touchdowns in 2022. He then ran fast at the combine and had a solid showing in the field drills. Reed could be a nice mid-round slot receiver in the 2023 NFL Draft.

USATSI_19415869.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Fifth round, No. 170 overall (compensatory)

Mississippi State image Jaden Crumedy*, DT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2023): 4-6.
View Ranking History

2/18/23: Crumedy recorded just 15 tackles and two sacks in 2022, but he also didn't see the field until November.

7/5/22: Crumedy recorded 23 tackles, one sack and a forced fumble in 2021. He produced more in 2020 with 32 stops and two sacks. Crumedy has functional size to be a tackle or five-technique.

Crumedy_Tech.jpg

Seventh round, No. 232 overall
N.C. State image Christopher Dunn, K, N.C. State
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.
Projected Round (2023): 5-7.

View Ranking History

2/25/23: Dunn had an excellent senior year, connecting on 97 percent of his field goals - 28-of-29 -, with the longest going for 53 yards. Dunn hit both attempts above 50 yards and was 8-of-9 in the 40-yard range. He showed good accuracy in 2018 - 89 percent - and 2019 - 88 percent - before down years in 2020 - 71 percent - and 2021 - 68 percent.

a1fb5005-e16d-409d-9615-cd98a4b43d7b-STA

Seventh round, No. 235 overall (from LAR)

Marshall image Rasheen Ali**, RB, Marshall
Height: 6-0. Weight: 201.
Projected Round (2023): 7-FA.
View Ranking History

3/11/23: Ali took a leave of absence from the Marshall program for much of 2022. He returned to the team late in season, totaling 47 carries for 273 yards and a score and two receptions for 10 yards and a touchdown for his short season.

6/22/22: Ali only had five carries in 2020, but he broke out as a redshirt sophomore in 2021, averaging 5.6 yards per carry for 1,401 yards and 23 touchdowns. He also was a dangerous receiver with 46 receptions for 342 yards and a touchdown. Ali could stand to add some strength to his frame, but he could be a riser to keep an eye on now that he has some experience.

marshall-rb-rasheen-ali.jpg

Seventh round, No. 242 overall (from JAX)

LSU image Sevyn Banks, CB, LSU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 197.
Projected Round (2023): 7-FA.
View Ranking History

3/18/23: Banks didn't play until late September and only saw action in two games, recording five tackles. He was injured on the kickoff against Auburn and carted off the field.

6/30/22: Banks returned to the field in October 2021 and only saw limited playing time for Ohio State. He decided to go the graduate transfer route for the 2022 season and landed at LSU. Banks flashed some real cover skills at times during the 2020 season for the Buckeyes. He collected 12 tackles, an interception and seven passes defended over the shortened season, but he played better than the numbers indicate.

ac984d84ab697566dda3be27383b8f3a

Seventh round, No. 256 overall (compensatory)

Coastal Carolina image Grayson McCall, QB, Coastal Carolina
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
Projected Round (2023): 6-FA.
View Ranking History

3/14/23: McCall completed 70 percent of his passes in 2022 for 2,700 yards, 24 touchdowns and two interceptions.

7/19/22: McCall played well for the Chanticleers in 2021, completing 73 percent of his passes for 2,873 yards, 27 touchdowns and three interceptions. He had a good season in 2020 as well, connecting on 69 percent of his passes for 2,488 yards, 26 touchdowns and three interceptions.

5ed19d6b-073d-42f3-a88b-af73d35a59c9-med

• Like 1

I to see Paris Johnson Jr as option 1. I'm dubious he gets past Tennessee but would love to get him. 

My biggest concern would be our WR room not having the experience necessary. No veteran and waiting until the mid rounds might put Love at an unnecessary disadvantage.

Over enjoyed the mock and wouldn't mind this offseason. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

I to see Paris Johnson Jr as option 1. I'm dubious he gets past Tennessee but would love to get him. 

My biggest concern would be our WR room not having the experience necessary. No veteran and waiting until the mid rounds might put Love at an unnecessary disadvantage.

Over enjoyed the mock and wouldn't mind this offseason. Thanks!

Thank you!

I’m always for drafting lineman in the first and building the trenches!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

He’s probably my biggest draft crush right now!

I'm (purposefully...) not paying a great deal of attention to draft stuff at this juncture.....but I've heard this guy's name around and my initial take was....less than enthusiastic that we draft Big Dog's replacement. I like BD a good deal and appreciate/understand his value to MLF's offense.....but honestly, I'd like a more dynamic receiving TE going forward.

Washington doesnt look like he's gonna out run guys down a seam......and his route tree looks fairly simple......but dam he's big (!) and he swallows the ball with his hands. He'd be hard to miss as a target.....and harder yet to cover.

Edited by Leader

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm (purposefully...) not paying a great deal of attention to draft stuff at this juncture.....but I've heard this guy's name around and my initial take was....less than enthusiastic that we draft Big Dog's replacement. I like BD a good deal and appreciate/understand his value to MLF's offense.....but honestly, I'd like a more dynamic receiving TE going forward.

Washington doesnt look like he's gonna out run guys down a seam......and his route tree looks fairly simple......but dam he's big (!) and he swallows the ball with his hands. He'd be hard to miss as a target.....and harder yet to cover.

I definitely understand the wanting a receiving threat. 

He will help so much in the run game which will help Love even more I believe.

9 hours ago, moretti19 said:

Haha the 3rd at some point had to change!!

Does it, though?  

I'm only being a little sarcastic here.  But, we draft poorly in the third round.  We know that.  We do not draft good tight ends.  We know that.

So you took a tight end in the third round.  That's the double whammy.

The curse is so strong in the third round that we took an interior offensive lineman....and he was terrible last year.  The safest position to pick in all of football and he was still terrible...in the third round.

I hope we do break the curse, but this one appears strong.  Like we may need a forum unity avatar (but not Devito, we need a good and strong one) prior to that pick to get it right. Or......wait......I think I may have something.

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Does it, though?  

I'm only being a little sarcastic here.  But, we draft poorly in the third round.  We know that.  We do not draft good tight ends.  We know that.

So you took a tight end in the third round.  That's the double whammy.

The curse is so strong in the third round that we took an interior offensive lineman....and he was terrible last year.  The safest position to pick in all of football and he was still terrible...in the third round.

I hope we do break the curse, but this one appears strong.  Like we may need a forum unity avatar (but not Devito, we need a good and strong one) prior to that pick to get it right. Or......wait......I think I may have something.

The third round pick is the safety from Bama. 

I am optimistic but every year is a new year. I would imagine if we on this site realize the 3rd round failures the staff does as well. I am holding out hope that Degura has a break out year this year

53 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

The third round pick is the safety from Bama. 

I am optimistic but every year is a new year. I would imagine if we on this site realize the 3rd round failures the staff does as well. I am holding out hope that Degura has a break out year this year

My bad.  You took a safety.  A position that we've drafted in the first round, twice, recently and in the second round.  All busts.  There's no way in the world that is going to work out for us.   Again, only being slightly sarcastic.  But I have a plan.......