Official Minor League and Amateur Baseball Thread

beekay414

Has anyone else seen the reports that apparently a bunch of opposing players are yelling "Not in the SEC anymore!" at the big time college hitters who came out of the SEC this year, and at them specifically rather than players from other conferences and rather than SEC pitchers? I guess there are rumors that the there was some sort of large scale sign-stealing going on in the SEC this year? 

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see Walker Jenkins live tonight, and have to say that I was a little underwhelmed.  Looked solid in CF, plenty of bat speed, but he was getting fooled at the plate with average off speed stuff coupled with a 90 mph fastball from the starter.  Jenkins was only recently promoted to High A, he definitely looks like he should start 2025 back in High A at age 20.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna get to see Welbyn Francisca and Seaver King tonight with Lynchburg/Fredericksburg. Definitely excited to see that pair, especially Francisca, he's been really impressive in A-ball this year.

On another note, I'm still super curious about the SEC sign-stealing rumors. Apparently Arkansas got caught, but a bunch of MiLB players from other conferences are trash talking SEC hitters in general. Would certainly throw the terrible starts of some top SEC hitters (especially Condon, Caglianone to a lesser degree) into focus. Though Christian Moore was SEC too, so who knows I guess.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FGK said:

Gonna get to see Welbyn Francisca and Seaver King tonight with Lynchburg/Fredericksburg. Definitely excited to see that pair, especially Francisca, he's been really impressive in A-ball this year.

On another note, I'm still super curious about the SEC sign-stealing rumors. Apparently Arkansas got caught, but a bunch of MiLB players from other conferences are trash talking SEC hitters in general. Would certainly throw the terrible starts of some top SEC hitters (especially Condon, Caglianone to a lesser degree) into focus. Though Christian Moore was SEC too, so who knows I guess.

Christian Moore had that incredible start, but since then he's come back down to earth.  In his last 15 games he played (hasn't played since 8/30) he went 12/61 (.197) with 5 walks vs 23 K and 0 HR in that time.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 12:34 PM, FGK said:

Seaver King looked really good. Fast, smart baserunning, solid glove, pretty good pop for a guy his size. Definitely a positive game for him.