Just Dance help please

BigC421/

Yeah I know I’m sure everyone here’s favorite game.  

Was looking into getting for my daughter who turns 7 next week. I’m old and only really play madden and nba2k occasionally these days and I’m still on the old Xbox one s and I don’t have Kinect.  

So my question really is this game worth getting without the Kinect? I know my daughter would love the game I just can’t really seem to find answers on its playability or more importantly how enjoyable the experience can be without the Kinect. We do have an old Wii too would an older version on that just be better?

Edited by BigC421/

Never played with Kinect before--but I do know that the Wii by the overwhelming majority is the best motion/system ever made. If your going to do motion control, its the Wii and then everyone else. Do with that what you will :)

I also owned the Playstation Move, which is PS version of Kinect--and it was shotty and very clunky to use for whatever thats worth.

Plus, the entire Nintendo brand is quite literally made for kids in your daughters age range. Personally I would just stick to the Wii or if you want to spice it up a bit--I would recommend getting the Nintendo Switch. It still has all of the motion based control and games, but it also has games (like 2k) for you to play as well. I think the Switch is the perfect gaming system for a family with kids 5-15 but also with parents who like to game on occasion. It even has a new version of Wii Sports (with Golf now!) if your into that.

and....lastly.... LOOK AT THIS

Edited by AkronsWitness

“If you do not own a Kinect, or you own an Xbox Series X, you will need to use the Just Dance Controller App for iPhone/Android. The app on your phone will detect your movement. A: It can only be play on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X. A: This game will work on an Xbox One S console.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, BigC421/ said:

Was looking into getting for my daughter who turns 7 next week. I’m old and only really play madden and nba2k occasionally these days and I’m still on the old Xbox one s and I don’t have Kinect.  

So my question really is this game worth getting without the Kinect? I know my daughter would love the game I just can’t really seem to find answers on its playability or more importantly how enjoyable the experience can be without the Kinect. We do have an old Wii too would an older version on that just be better?

The kinect is kinda janky but some games just dont work without it

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Never played with Kinect before--but I do know that the Wii by the overwhelming majority is the best motion/system ever made. If your going to do motion control, its the Wii and then everyone else. Do with that what you will :)

I also owned the Playstation Move, which is PS version of Kinect--and it was shotty and very clunky to use for whatever thats worth.

Plus, the entire Nintendo brand is quite literally made for kids in your daughters age range. Personally I would just stick to the Wii or if you want to spice it up a bit--I would recommend getting the Nintendo Switch. It still has all of the motion based control and games, but it also has games (like 2k) for you to play as well. I think the Switch is the perfect gaming system for a family with kids 5-15 but also with parents who like to game on occasion. It even has a new version of Wii Sports (with Golf now!) if your into that.

and....lastly.... LOOK AT THIS

In all seriousness tho...this is entirely true.  The whole system, the games, the controllers are very much designed for kids in that age range.  It's also entirely functional for adults who just play games occasionally.  Though the only dude i know who used to play on one, ultimately ended up getting a Playstation because if you play any online games, you're going to be pretty handicapped playing on a Switch.  It's already enough of a problem with cross-platform games that have PC players mixed in, but even among consoles...Switch players are significantly disadvantaged.

A lot of the same things that make it a terrific system for kids and casual gaming...make it a real liability if you want to be at all competitive in other games.  If you've already got an Xbox One like OP though, you've probably got things covered there.  Though having to pay for two different online memberships might suck.  It's not expensive, but it's annoying.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:02 PM, BigC421/ said:

I dont know why, but this made me sad

Did it all work out?