2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There was talk that he’s been struggling in training camp. At least that’s what I heard on Keims podcast. I think he was getting beat off the line a lot against Cleveland as well. 

Tyler Larsen was our highest graded center via PFF and he scored a 59. Nick Gates graded below a 54 for what it’s worth. I know PFF isn’t the end all be all but Gates wasn’t good. 

I remember Keim saying Gates missed some things, he definitely missed the block on the screen for BROB, if Gates gets that block Brob goes for at least 10 yds, maybe more.

I've always liked Larsen tbh, he's not great by any means but he's at worst average and a steady vet for the youth of our interior OL. Last year when we won a bunch of games with Heinicke it was when Larsen came back from his Achilles injury in 2021. Then, when Larsen hurt his knee bc the awful Meadowlands turf - his words, not mine - then we lost 2 in a row I believe but won our meaningless game vs the Cowboys which hurt our draft position and ability to draft Broderick Jones or Peter S. 😢

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I remember Keim saying Gates missed some things, he definitely missed the block on the screen for BROB, if Gates gets that block Brob goes for at least 10 yds, maybe more.

I've always liked Larsen tbh, he's not great by any means but he's at worst average and a steady vet for the youth of our interior OL. Last year when we won a bunch of games with Heinicke it was when Larsen came back from his Achilles injury in 2021. Then, when Larsen hurt his knee bc the awful Meadowlands turf - his words, not mine - then we lost 2 in a row I believe but won our meaningless game vs the Cowboys which hurt our draft position and ability to draft Broderick Jones or Peter S. 😢

I think it would’ve made more sense to just start Larsen and then see what you could get in the draft. The draft was loaded with center talent. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I think it would’ve made more sense to just start Larsen and then see what you could get in the draft. The draft was loaded with center talent. 

Agreed and we did take Stromberg, so we did at least cover that in the draft. They also thought they took a T/G type in Braden Daniels but from reports he hasn't looked that great this offseason, which just points to them needing to take Torrence or Mauch in R2 & then a slot CB in R4.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, MosEisley said:

Are you telling me there wasn't a better project for the third QB spot than Fromm?

I mean I'm sure there was but they would’ve had to spend a mid round pick on the guy or spend more $ in FA on a vet who wasn't likely to play. I'd like them to sign Jordan Ta’Amu but maybe Rivera knows he's not the answer, he did have Ta’Amu in a mini-camp before.

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

https://x.com/riggosrag/status/1691852370156683597?s=46&t=2t2xRNrO1QNClepTGhzBVg

I saw some articles don’t sleep on this guy that he would have a legitimate shot to make the team. 
I wish this team had this much success in the 2nd rd as they do in the 7th. 

Yeah man, Chris Paul has been solid. I sure wish our 2nd rnd picks would hit though... I mean just once is what we're asking for! 😂 

Maybe Martin will end up working out but it's TBD. Those guys on Twitter who swore Martin would start over Juice in June/July are looking pretty foolish now.

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwBrd5UNIaL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

JP Finlay C’s at Ravens joint practice update. JP said the C’s were the more physical team. He felt our OL was more physical than at Cleveland. As he said, we’ll see what happens Monday night but he said the OL seemed to be better. 

He said Howell looked good which I think we’ve all heard and seen the videos on that. Plus when Marlon Humphrey is impressed with the opposing team QB, that’s a good sign for Howell.

Our DL dominated, Andre Jones flashed & played some with the 1s. Kam Curl shut down Mark Andrews. 

As you can see in the video posted above Chase did practice on individual drills but did not go on the team drills against Bmore for precautionary reasons Rivera said.

C. Young

J. Allen

D. Payne

M. Sweat

C. Toohill

J. Smith-Williams

E. Obada

A. Jones

KJ Henry

J. Ridgeway

P. Mathis

(11)

C. Barton

J. Davis

K. Hudson

D. Mayo

M. Eifler

(5)

K. Fuller

E. Forbes

B. St.Juste

J. Martin 

D. Johnson

K. Curl

J. Reaves

D. Forrest

P. Butler 

(9)

S. Howell

C. Brisett

J. Fromm

(3)

B. Robinson

A. Gibson

C. Rodriguez

D. Gore

(4)

T. McLaurin

J. Dotson

C. Samuel

D. Brown

M. Kemp

B. Pringle

K. Allen

D. Milne

M. Tinsley

(9)

C. Leno 

C. Paul

N. Gates

S. Cosmi

A. Wylie

T. Larsen

J. Jones-Smith

C. Lucas

R. Stromberg

M. Brooks

(9)                        

L. Thomas 

J. Bates

C. Turner

C. Hodges 

(4)

J. Slye

T. Way

C. Cheeseman

(3)

I selected 57 players I think will be on the team. Need to eliminate 4.