2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not good going into his last season on his contract.

Nope, not good at all. People talk about Chase needing to get double-digit sacks to earn a 2nd contract with the Commanders, well the same goes for the soon to be 27-year old Sweat. They both have a lot to prove. It's true Chase has more to prove but, Sweat hasn't exactly been Mr. Consistency and wowed a lot either short of the second half of 2020 when he and Chase both dominated.

I will continue to point out to everyone that Sweat hasn’t even been as consistent & as proven a pass rusher as Orakpo was & it seemed like by 2014 most of the fanbase was ready to run Orakpo out of town.

Maybe it's the hype that Chase & Orakpo came in with & not living up to that makes people feel that way but I don't know what Sweat has done to earn $20 mil a year either. IMO he hasn't & he's 3 years older than Chase so, he has less upside/less career left out of the two.

• Like 1

We brought Todd Centeio (JMU) in for a rookie tryout (I guess this weekend). I hope he sticks with us at least on the PS as I think he's a good developmental QB who could be a good backup.

JMU's first game as an FBS team

Mobile QB, as you can see, who can also throw. Here's App State blowing a 28-3 lead against JMU (where their fans were saying in the 2Q that JMU wasn't ready to "play big boy football")

He was the Sunbelt Conference Offensive Player of the Year and the Sunbelt Conference Newcomer of the Year in 2022. He's got great touch, a decent arm, is pretty mobile, and just has that IT factor.

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

We brought Todd Centeio (JMU) in for a rookie tryout (I guess this weekend). I hope he sticks with us at least on the PS as I think he's a good developmental QB who could be a good backup.

JMU's first game as an FBS team

Mobile QB, as you can see, who can also throw. Here's App State blowing a 28-3 lead against JMU (where their fans were saying in the 2Q that JMU wasn't ready to "play big boy football")

He was the Sunbelt Conference Offensive Player of the Year and the Sunbelt Conference Newcomer of the Year in 2022. He's got great touch, a decent arm, is pretty mobile, and just has that IT factor.

Ha, sounds like someone I know .. down in Atl.

• Like 2