TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Personal gardens have exploded with high inflation and grocery prices.   A nice byproduct is neighbors sharing excess with neighbors.   squirrels

It's almost fermented hot sauce season, which goes well with football season, which goes well with smoked meat season.

My wife makes honey pickled jalapenos this time of year too. Unreal snack or topping. I can email you the pic of the recipe if you want. 

If you're looking for easy things to grow that save a ton of money on small but expensive stuff, now is the time to put shallots or garlic in the ground.  We have a bushel the size of a suitcase curing under our deck roof right now.  Like one clove of garlic turns into 14 with little/no effort. 

I made the wife a grow station in the basement a couple years ago. With just a couple wire shelves and some standard fluoro bulbs you can get your garden started in Feb so plants are big in May/June. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It's almost fermented hot sauce season, which goes well with football season, which goes well with smoked meat season.

My wife makes honey pickled jalapenos this time of year too. Unreal snack or topping. I can email you the pic of the recipe if you want. 

If you're looking for easy things to grow that save a ton of money on small but expensive stuff, now is the time to put shallots or garlic in the ground.  We have a bushel the size of a suitcase curing under our deck roof right now.  Like one clove of garlic turns into 14 with little/no effort. 

I made the wife a grow station in the basement a couple years ago. With just a couple wire shelves and some standard fluoro bulbs you can get your garden started in Feb so plants are big in May/June. 

I would definitely take that recipe for those jalapeños, those sound great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I would definitely take that recipe for those jalapeños, those sound great.

I should really just type this out, but here's the pic of it.  

We make about 4 jars a fall and they are usually gone by Nov. 

GREAT with nachos.  Actually if you sous vide or slow cook some pork belly then char it on the grill it makes a great counter to these spicy pickles on nachos.  Top with whatever else you like, but avocado sandusky is a super easy spread/topping that brings it all together well. 

jala1.jpg20161008-191239-1.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 9:12 AM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I should really just type this out, but here's the pic of it.  

We make about 4 jars a fall and they are usually gone by Nov. 

GREAT with nachos.  Actually if you sous vide or slow cook some pork belly then char it on the grill it makes a great counter to these spicy pickles on nachos.  Top with whatever else you like, but avocado sandusky is a super easy spread/topping that brings it all together well. 

jala1.jpg20161008-191239-1.jpg

So this got me feeling garden creative, so just set up a batch of fermented hot sauce veggies. 

Trying a sweet flavor for the first time, and added strawberries to the usual peppers, garlic, onion mix in the fermenting thing.  Inspired by a hot sauce at Heritage;  if you're ever looking for a cool spot in the city for eastern euro type seafood (lots of oysters, caviar, etc) it's freaking amazing.

Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Daughter wants a pool party for her birthday, so I rented two adjoining rooms with double queen beds in each.

10 teenage girls, my younger daughter, my son, and my wife.

Shoot me. We just checked in and I already hate life.

I feel like we should start Gofundme to get you to the hotel bar stat

15 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I feel like we should start Gofundme to get you to the hotel bar stat

Gas station was 200 feet away, so no need. Always appreciate the thought though.

I cleaned out both cars while the girls were swimming, volunteered to go get snacks, went on a run for pizza, and generally found ways to escape for 15 minute chunks. Somehow the wife could relax and read even though they were banshees. I've never been so excited to check out of a hotel though. lol

12 hours ago, CBears019 said:

We can probably Uber eats/doordash him a bottle or some beer or probably both.

You really are my hero.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah he’ll be the only person at the hotel named Shane. 

Wait, I thought CBears was the detective!?

• Like 1