TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

@dll2000

Lol I’m in that building probably once a week.  We missed each other by one day.  Yeah some of those bailiffs there are interesting characters for sure.  Which judge did you have?

Every time i drive there i look at the houses off of euclid (typically pretty small/modest sized homes) and think about the gold mines they’re about to become.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

@dll2000

Lol I’m in that building probably once a week.  We missed each other by one day.  Yeah some of those bailiffs there are interesting characters for sure.  Which judge did you have?

Every time i drive there i look at the houses off of euclid (typically pretty small/modest sized homes) and think about the gold mines they’re about to become.  

No idea who judge was.  I am never there and I don’t remember. I got what I wanted and ran before they changed their mind.   I had a local client I traveled for in this case.  I don’t usually take cases out of county where I have to go to an unfamiliar courthouse.  

Always interesting how every courthouse is its own world and operates totally different under same laws.  I have been to several, they are all very different.  When I was in same courthouse everyday I could tell immediately when an attorney was from somewhere else.  I would always help them, because I would want that if I was somewhere else.   

One should probably always hire a local attorney who is in that particular courthouse all time for that reason.  But sometimes if that person is not well liked that can backfire.  It’s good to know the characters or better, ask someone who does. 

Usually a good rule of thumb unless you are on trial for murder or something and going to a jury.  Then you need a good trial attorney, which is a different skill set.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

No idea who judge was.  I am never there and I don’t remember. I got what I wanted and ran before they changed their mind.   I had a local client I traveled for in this case.  I don’t usually take cases out of county where I have to go to an unfamiliar courthouse.  

Always interesting how every courthouse is its own world and operates totally different under same laws.  I have been to several, they are all very different.  When I was in same courthouse everyday I could tell immediately when an attorney was from somewhere else.  I would always help them, because I would want that if I was somewhere else.   

One should probably always hire a local attorney who is in that particular courthouse all time for that reason.  But sometimes if that person is not well liked that can backfire.  It’s good to know the characters or better, ask someone who does. 

Usually a good rule of thumb unless you are on trial for murder or something and going to a jury.  Then you need a good trial attorney, which is a different skill set.

It’s always funny watching the judges and attorneys talking during a recess about going golfing the next weekend.  If I’m ever in trouble, I want the judges golfing buddy as my attorney lol.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

It’s always funny watching the judges and attorneys talking during a recess about going golfing the next weekend.  If I’m ever in trouble, I want the judges golfing buddy as my attorney lol.

Opposing counsel on civil cases often times talk the same way. A lot of them went to law school together, used to work together, etc., and especially when you’re talking about attorneys that work for insurance companies a lot they can have cases against each other pretty frequently. If you’ve only ever experienced the court system through TV shows then you’ve almost certainly got a complete misconception about how any of it actually works. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Opposing counsel on civil cases often times talk the same way. A lot of them went to law school together, used to work together, etc., and especially when you’re talking about attorneys that work for insurance companies a lot they can have cases against each other pretty frequently. If you’ve only ever experienced the court system through TV shows then you’ve almost certainly got a complete misconception about how any of it actually works. 

@CBears019

Yes, law, like most everything really, is mostly transactional and relationship based.

When you practice a lot in one area of law you find yourself in same courtroom all the time.   You develop a relationship with all other people that frequently attend that courtroom.

I do mostly real estate now, so I know people at title companies.  Those are like my courtrooms now.  

But I was in courtrooms a lot, and I still have a lot of those relationships.  

People wonder why NFL people get recycled and rehired so much.  Because they all know each other.  And its hard to get many of those skills outside of the NFL itself.  

My advice to anyone is be nice and don't burn bridges.    Be helpful when you can.   It will serve you well in long run in any industry.  

Or treat other people same way you want to be treated.   Or love others as you love yourself.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 2