Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

On 4/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, xrade said:

Agree with this but it still feels like we got played. If AR was a couple years younger or we could all believe he is here for more than 2 years, no one would complain about this. If next years FRP had a condition that if he retired we get back a 3, it would be more palatable.

This whole ordeal just stunk from the start. I am not talking about going after AR, I am talking about ONLY focusing on AR because of Woody. Once we showed no interest in any other QB, we were going to overpay. JD got backed into a corner by GB and Woody and we overpaid.  Fans can spin the deal anyway they want, but we got hosed.  If we get to the SB we will look good, no one will bring up overpayment.  But if the more probable events occur, the Jets will be mocked for this with JD taking the heat for Woody.

The last thing I’ll add is that if AR is only here two years, we have a very tight window to develop a QB. I thought we might get a day 3 pick this year but we didn’t. We now have one year to develop a QB. That FRP may have been useful to either draft a FRP QB or move around the board for one. Next years QB class will be better than this years.  Unless we just keep paying for FA QB’s. Can’t wait to see Mac Jones slinging it for us in 2025.

you got a steal with Rodgers, if GB would have been smart they would have shopped Rogers prior to last season for at least 2 first, and a 2nd, and last years performance from Rodgers is not respective of how well he will do for you, you got a window of 2 possibly 3 years of arguably the best QB in your team history for basically a 2nd round and futures first round