Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

Wow.. 58.3m option bonus changed to 2024 base salary.   That would create some issue with extending Big Q's contract.  That isn't a good move.  Jets and Rodgers' agent will revisit contract situation later in the summer.

2023 cap charge as of right now is just base salary which is 1.165m.    I guess once Big Q contract talk is at impasse, Jets should convert 58.3m into 5 years starting this year.

Jets will be in huge trouble if Rodgers gets major injury this year.  Maybe he can do what WR Michael Thomas did with Saints but for now, it is a high risk.

Edited by JetsandI

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, do you think he's suddenly doing this to spite the Packers' or because he genuinely wants to do this?

He's getting a kick at the whole "rejuvenation" thing.  Wearing his college #, surrounded by a very young set of weapons.  Just hope he can adjust to Northern NJ life.  I wonder what town he will park in.   

Cromartie rented my daughter's then-boyfriend's parents' house in Sparta.  Cro was so bad with money that he had to have a guarantor.

What I would say about losing next years first is this…

We had two first rounders in 2021 (Wilson and AVT) and then three last year (Sauce, Wilson and JJ) 

So five first round picks in addition to two very high seconds (Moore and Breece) so the fact we are not going to have a first round pick for a year isn’t the end of the world. 

Jd just needs to hit on what he has!! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dcat said:

He's getting a kick at the whole "rejuvenation" thing.  Wearing his college #, surrounded by a very young set of weapons.  Just hope he can adjust to Northern NJ life.  I wonder what town he will park in.   

Cromartie rented my daughter's then-boyfriend's parents' house in Sparta.  Cro was so bad with money that he had to have a guarantor.

My vet is in Sparta. If Rodgers has pets, I would highly recommend him. He does not do darkness retreats for animals though. 

On 4/27/2023 at 11:57 AM, Bobby816 said:

GB fans have to be shaking their head. In 15 years he’s never maneuvered his contract to create cap so go after a SB. He didn’t show up to any voluntary workouts last year. Voiced he’s here for more than a year.

These are all things he hasn’t done in recent years with them that he’s doing with us. He seems motivated and really wants that 2nd ring.

Unless I am missing something - hasn't he just moved some of his cap hit from 2023 to 2024. He hasn't given up any money, its just kicking the cap hit down the road.

In which case, you are wrong. His contract has been restructured/redone multiple times to give cap relief now at the expense of the future. His last Packers contract had a low cap hit (for an elite QB) last year to help us go for a SB but at the expense of the future (one of the reasons we had to trade).

Anyway, as a Packers fan, Rodgers was my favorite player. It looks like a genuine win-win-win as Rodgers does look like he needed a change, we needed a change and it gives you a shot. Hope it works out for you -  would only start rooting against you if you suck and there is a chance of a top 5-10 pick. Or we become a contender after all. 

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Unless I am missing something - hasn't he just moved some of his cap hit from 2023 to 2024. He hasn't given up any money, its just kicking the cap hit down the road.

In which case, you are wrong. His contract has been restructured/redone multiple times to give cap relief now at the expense of the future. His last Packers contract had a low cap hit (for an elite QB) last year to help us go for a SB but at the expense of the future (one of the reasons we had to trade).

Anyway, as a Packers fan, Rodgers was my favorite player. It looks like a genuine win-win-win as Rodgers does look like he needed a change, we needed a change and it gives you a shot. Hope it works out for you -  would only start rooting against you if you suck and there is a chance of a top 5-10 pick. Or we become a contender after all. 

He cared so much about a SB he didn’t do any voluntary camps 🙄

Yet he is with us

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He cared so much about a SB he didn’t do any voluntary camps 🙄

Yet he is with us

He did voluntary camps for most of his career - he stopped near the end which coincided with two 13 win seasons and two MVPs so it hardly did us any harm.  He knew the system inside out and had played for Packers all his career - it isn't a surprise that with a new team and system he feels the need to go to camps now.

He cap kicked his contract for Packers, the same as he did for Jets

I honestly don't get it. This is a win-win for all three sides. Don't see the point of the childish point scoring between Packer and Jets fans. Like I said, I wish you guys well the coming season unless we do end up being a contender or there is a very high pick at stake.

On 4/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, JetsandI said:

Whatever Rodgers does, Jets better keep feeding him calcium and vitamin D to ensure no 3rd broken collarbone and other bones.

Worse than that he has to stop walking in the dark and talking to himself, he can break a toe walking into a nightstand and then what do we do?

On 4/27/2023 at 6:11 PM, KimuraGod said:

What I would say about losing next years first is this…

We had two first rounders in 2021 (Wilson and AVT) and then three last year (Sauce, Wilson and JJ) 

So five first round picks in addition to two very high seconds (Moore and Breece) so the fact we are not going to have a first round pick for a year isn’t the end of the world. 

Jd just needs to hit on what he has!! 

Agree with this but it still feels like we got played. If AR was a couple years younger or we could all believe he is here for more than 2 years, no one would complain about this. If next years FRP had a condition that if he retired we get back a 3, it would be more palatable.

This whole ordeal just stunk from the start. I am not talking about going after AR, I am talking about ONLY focusing on AR because of Woody. Once we showed no interest in any other QB, we were going to overpay. JD got backed into a corner by GB and Woody and we overpaid.  Fans can spin the deal anyway they want, but we got hosed.  If we get to the SB we will look good, no one will bring up overpayment.  But if the more probable events occur, the Jets will be mocked for this with JD taking the heat for Woody.

The last thing I’ll add is that if AR is only here two years, we have a very tight window to develop a QB. I thought we might get a day 3 pick this year but we didn’t. We now have one year to develop a QB. That FRP may have been useful to either draft a FRP QB or move around the board for one. Next years QB class will be better than this years.  Unless we just keep paying for FA QB’s. Can’t wait to see Mac Jones slinging it for us in 2025.