Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

But it doesn’t matter because the fans were wrong about the draft compensation. 

Haha!! Ahhhh the small victories for them.

Dan O I think said it best...

GB woke up Monday morning as a SB contender with Rodgers on the roster and now are bottom 15 team.

NYJ woke up as a middle of the pack team Monday and now are a SB contender. That still have the 15th and 43rd pick in this years draft.

I'll fully admit it looked like we gave up too much when the trade 1st went down. But now knowing Rodgers is committed for more than 1 season and restructured his deal.... it wasn't an overpay at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha!! Ahhhh the small victories for them.

Dan O I think said it best...

GB woke up Monday morning as a SB contender with Rodgers on the roster and now are bottom 15 team.

NYJ woke up as a middle of the pack team Monday and now are a SB contender. That still have the 15th and 43rd pick in this years draft.

I'll fully admit it looked like we gave up too much when the trade 1st went down. But now knowing Rodgers is committed for more than 1 season and restructured his deal.... it wasn't an overpay at all.

Agreed and my gripe was it wasn’t performance based. If he plays 66% and then gets hurt and we lose the Wildcard Round and he retires because of the injury then we’re f***ed. 

That would have to take something freak to happen, but would have been nice to have some better insurance.

And one of my thoughts once a day cleared…on paper we can make a deep playoff run. Sure it’s great for the players, but I think it will be even better for Saleh and JD. If they post two winning seasons with Rodgers while continuing to implement their plan and vision, this gives us stability after Rodgers. It’s very possible if we had Wilson/White again we underwhelm, Saleh gets canned and we start over again. There’s something to say about having stability. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

If he plays two years and we are legit each year, it may not be an overpay.  However, barring a SB appearance, the trade for Rodgers is still a bad move if we have no replacement when he retires.  I am sure there are plenty of fans who want to just enjoy the two years.  I want to enjoy prolonged success.  Sorry, two years of just making the playoffs and then sucking again for the next 10 are not appealing to me. 

Before the darkness retreat and the Jets ties really heated up, a bunch of us on this board we're okay giving up what would basically equal to two firsts or a first and a 2nd for Rodgers. There's plenty of that talk on this board if you look back. 

My opinion there hasn't changed. I'm happy with the trade and compensation. Yes, the conditions of the pick becoming a 1 aren't ideal, but it's still what I expected and what I think made sense before everyone got tied up with leverage talk and pretending that they're dialed in to the right insiders and all that 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

GB fans have to be shaking their head. In 15 years he’s never maneuvered his contract to create cap so go after a SB. He didn’t show up to any voluntary workouts last year. Voiced he’s here for more than a year.

These are all things he hasn’t done in recent years with them that he’s doing with us. He seems motivated and really wants that 2nd ring.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Looking forward to that top 10 pick next year (: 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

GB fans have to be shaking their head. In 15 years he’s never maneuvered his contract to create cap so go after a SB. He didn’t show up to any voluntary workouts last year. Voiced he’s here for more than a year.

These are all things he hasn’t done in recent years with them that he’s doing with us. He seems motivated and really wants that 2nd ring.

Legitimately asking, do you think he's suddenly doing this to spite the Packers' or because he genuinely wants to do this?

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

One over looked aspect:

Zach and Flacco held onto the ball. Flacco had zero mobility. Rodgers will be getting the ball out lightning quick compared to them and I think may mask some of the OL woes. 

Zach shouldn't even make the team unless its on the practice squad. 

Tim Boyle might just be a QB coach in disguise, but clearly the #2 QB right now.

Any chance the Jets draft a developmental QB?

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tim Boyle might just be a QB coach in disguise, but clearly the #2 QB right now.

I don't think so.  Jets draft is a little bit light to pick up another qb.   Maybe UDFA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I prefer getting immediate help this season, then grab a Day 2 QB next year. Easier said than done. 

• Like 2