Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

9 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Interesting to see the reworked deal. If it means he gives us two or even three years then it makes the compensation very easy to digest. 

I imagine we have some kind of commitment with him on his reworked deal for pretty much a for sure 2 year window with him. Issue while not at all his fault is him taking less so we have cap space to make the roster better is a bit late. Most good FAs are gone at this stage. So ya we can add depth which is good. But no real players that will make an impact are left. Maybe bring in a proven backup RB (Carter disappointed me last year). Rework Davis’ deal bc there’s no one better left in FA at WR. Maybe another DT that is good against the run.

We’ll have to see how the draft goes to see where our remaining holes are.

22 hours ago, xrade said:

What is the plan if AR leaves in a year or two?  The alternative was staring Woody in the face but he wanted to win the offseason SB.  I will not be happy with just a playoff appearance and I am not naive enough to believe we can win it all right now.  So what is the plan after AR leaves?  The obvious answer is that there is no plan.  The coaches and GM may be gone leaving us fans talking about another rebuild.

I think the plan is to develop ZW as crazy as that sounds. The way QB's have become tradable recently the Jets could easily trade for a QB. But in reality, will the Jets have enough money to resign Sauce and Wilson both DROY and OROY should they want to renegotiate a new contract? What if AR wins with the Jets and the Jets decide to extend him for 200 million for 3 more years, they have the pieces in place to contend for a good long time.

QB? I hear you, and I agree with you, but being relevant has its perks, and the possibility of a playoff appearance or SB is quite the carrot before the mule.

4 hours ago, Big T said:

I think the plan is to develop ZW as crazy as that sounds.

Agreed but that has about as much chance of happening as playing Mega Millions.  People who bank on their retirement on winning the jackpot are always disappointed.  Therefore, it is no plan.  Trading for a QB is not a whole lot more likely.  This year was something of a rarity because of the massive contracts being given to QB's.  Perhaps that trend continues and a good QB becomes available because the trading team knows it is going nowhere and wants to save $ and start over.  But then we are left with a $40M price tag right at the time we have to pay our homegrown stars.

The only way the QB situation on the Jets will be fixed when AR departs is to draft one and hope he develops.  Something we have never really accomplished.  Why couldn't the Giants win the 1969 SB?  Then I would not be a miserable Jet fan for 50 years.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I imagine we have some kind of commitment with him on his reworked deal for pretty much a for sure 2 year window with him. Issue while not at all his fault is him taking less so we have cap space to make the roster better is a bit late. Most good FAs are gone at this stage. So ya we can add depth which is good. But no real players that will make an impact are left. Maybe bring in a proven backup RB (Carter disappointed me last year). Rework Davis’ deal bc there’s no one better left in FA at WR. Maybe another DT that is good against the run.

We’ll have to see how the draft goes to see where our remaining holes are.

i WILL TELL YOU WHERE THERE IS ONE HUGE HOLE ITS THE INTIER OFFENISVE LINE THEY ARE A HORRIBLE RUNBLOCKING.TEAM.   THIS MUST BE FIXED WITH PICK 15,, NO MORE SECOND TIER FILL IN. We could  have fixed this if we didn't swap places with GB. Just another boneheaded move by the front office.

4 hours ago, Big T said:

I think the plan is to develop ZW as crazy as that sounds. The way QB's have become tradable recently the Jets could easily trade for a QB. But in reality, will the Jets have enough money to resign Sauce and Wilson both DROY and OROY should they want to renegotiate a new contract? What if AR wins with the Jets and the Jets decide to extend him for 200 million for 3 more years, they have the pieces in place to contend for a good long time.

QB? I hear you, and I agree with you, but being relevant has its perks, and the possibility of a playoff appearance or SB is quite the carrot before the mule.

You forgot Quinnen Williams.

7 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

i WILL TELL YOU WHERE THERE IS ONE HUGE HOLE ITS THE INTIER OFFENISVE LINE THEY ARE A HORRIBLE RUNBLOCKING.TEAM.   THIS MUST BE FIXED WITH PICK 15,, NO MORE SECOND TIER FILL IN. We could  have fixed this if we didn't swap places with GB. Just another boneheaded move by the front office.

We were really good at running the ball when our OL was healthy. Must teams if they lose a couple 1st round starters on the OL wont be as good.

Those guys are back and healthy now.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

We were really good at running the ball when our OL was healthy. Must teams if they lose a couple 1st round starters on the OL wont be as good.

Those guys are back and healthy now.

Np question we got the running backs. For two and a half months I wanted to keep that 13 overall pick in the draft, I thought i had a lock on it. I wanted a top O line player I didn't care if it was a C,G,or T.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

Np question we got the running backs. For two and a half months I wanted to keep that 13 overall pick in the draft, I thought i had a lock on it. I wanted a top O line player I didn't care if it was a C,G,or T.

Let's wait and see how the draft goes first. We still land one of Johnson, Sko or Jones at 15 and we're great. Even going and drafting Wright isn't bad.

Only way that swap looks bad for us is if 1 or 2 OTs go at 13 and 14.

The Jets are definitely in the Indianapolis mode this year and next year. The guy to target next year, if AR retires, is Stafford. I'm not sure about the cap ramifications and how much the Jets can free up. But it's either Stafford or Cousins. I think Dak restructures and wouldn't be available that quickly. Other guys to look at could be Tanny or Lamar if he becomes unrestricted (I doubt they'd be able to afford him though).

Rodgers is playing for 2 years. They asked JD and he just said I'm not putting words in his mouth. This trade never would have happened if Rodgers only said I'm playing 1 year. The media loves to feed of this and put the Jets down. I think the bigger question is does he play a third year than a second year. Rodgers can play until he is 42 no problem. He is one of the elite like Brady. 

I'm also not worried at all about the OL. AR is getting the ball out a lot faster than last years QB's so that makes them all a little easier. AR is alos very good at taking the play clock way down to read the D until the last second. AR is also a master at reading D and moving his line into the right spot. This will also help the OL. 

I really want one of the QB's to fall to 15 or Robinson the texas RB. Word is Ravens love him and are willing to move up to mid teens to get him. I think you will see a trade down where the Jets pick up a 3rd and maybe a second or first next year and they will still end up with Wright or someone like that. JD is a master at this and he will work the board. 

My mock draft will be out soon.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Halfway there with the cap thing.  Keep going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

The Jets are definitely in the Indianapolis mode this year and next year. The guy to target next year, if AR retires, is Stafford. I'm not sure about the cap ramifications and how much the Jets can free up. But it's either Stafford or Cousins. I think Dak restructures and wouldn't be available that quickly. Other guys to look at could be Tanny or Lamar if he becomes unrestricted (I doubt they'd be able to afford him though).

Bro we literally just got Aaron Rodgers and you're already talking about trading for another QB? Enjoy the moment for a bit.

• Like 1