Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You don’t have to say anything. Him practicing and with the team in April showed how different and motivated he is already. GB fans will be sour about this and revert back to how they won in trade value, when in reality I didn’t like their draft very much. Yea they likely get our 1st next year. But we’ll be competing for a SB for 2 years while they’ll be seeing if Love is any good for 2 years.

Hopefully that 1 will be the 32nd pick.  If we suck, then we will have lost. 

8 hours ago, xrade said:

I don't know why more elite players don't follow the Brady model.  He always accepted "team friendly" deals so the team could have the money to spend to sustain their dominance.  I also believe this is part of what allowed him to play so long thus making more $ over his lifetime.  Brady's actions were good for the team and good for his wallet.

Gisele Bundchen was the highest paid supermodel in the world for over a decade and was raking in way more money than Brady

it's amazing how frequently people miss this context 

7 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Agreed but he also had Giselle who was making more than him. 

True, but doesn’t Aaron have an actress wife?  Regardless, he has no family feeding off him as I believe he is estranged from them. It comes down to having more money you can spend in a lifetime and have a lasting legacy or just having more money you can spend in a lifetime plus some more.

10 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Gisele Bundchen was the highest paid supermodel in the world for over a decade and was raking in way more money than Brady

it's amazing how frequently people miss this context 

Sorry. I do not follow the world of super models.

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Sorry. I do not follow the world of super models.

neither do i, but i follow the world of football and i was able to figure out early on why Brady was able to take team friendly deals so frequently. not every player has these fortunate circumstances 

1 minute ago, persiandud said:

neither do i, but i follow the world of football and i was able to figure out early on why Brady was able to take team friendly deals so frequently. not every player has these fortunate circumstances 

Perhaps. My point, however, was that Rodgers has more money than he can ever spend.   Brady also had more money than he could ever spend even without Giselle. He just really wanted to win SB’s.  I can understand maximizing your second contract after your first one is up. But after that, when you are one of the highest paid players in FB and still want to maximize at the expense of team building perhaps it is not about winning. And to be clear, I am referring to the high $ positions.

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

Perhaps. My point, however, was that Rodgers has more money than he can ever spend.   Brady also had more money than he could ever spend even without Giselle. He just really wanted to win SB’s.  I can understand maximizing your second contract after your first one is up. But after that, when you are one of the highest paid players in FB and still want to maximize at the expense of team building perhaps it is not about winning. And to be clear, I am referring to the high $ positions.

we'll never know if this is really the case. perhaps if Brady was with someone else, he would opt to get as much as possible for him and his family knowing his partner is not making anywhere near his salary. in any case, i will never begrudge any player for wanting to secure as much money as possible from these owners, especially in this team sport where the injury risk is much higher than other sports and yet guaranteed money is lowest 

i think too often people conflate these team friendly deals Brady has taken with the notion that he has the best intangibles at the position. it's used so often as an example of him being the "best leader". in reality it has everything to do with his wife having double his net worth 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:00 AM, persiandud said:

Packer fan here...

I came to this forum to see the excitement that your team has acquired arguably the most talented quarterback in NFL history.

Instead....I see a lot of complaining! bellyaching! stubbornness over the draft pick compensation! "we paid too much!"  

ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME??? BE FORREAL RIGHT NOW 

YOU ARE ONE OF THE SORRIEST ORGANIZATIONS IN THIS LEAGUE, YOU JUST BECAME INSTANT SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS, AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING??!?!?!

You UNGRATEFUL douchebags. Your team has the LONGEST current playoff drought among all the North American sports leagues. 

The moment Rodgers releases the first pass attempt of his Jets career, you'll have seen the best quarterback who has ever laced them up in New York Jets franchise history. 

Shame on you guys lmao crying about a first round pick. Newsflash, people....you don't make this trade, your team is irrelevant, weak, nothing, cannon fodder, the same place your sorry *** franchise has been since your SB win in the 60s

I'm just imagining what a sad pathetic life you must live to come out of your way to post this here. 

The jets may have been **** since the ‘60s but they are something out of our control. We just support them through the good or bad times. 

What a ****. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, persiandud said:

Packer fan here...

I came to this forum to see the excitement that your team has acquired arguably the most talented quarterback in NFL history.

Instead....I see a lot of complaining! bellyaching! stubbornness over the draft pick compensation! "we paid too much!"  

YOU ARE ONE OF THE SORRIEST ORGANIZATIONS IN THIS LEAGUE, YOU JUST BECAME INSTANT SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS, AND YOU'RE COMPLAINING??!?!?!

You UNGRATEFUL douchebags. Your team has the LONGEST current playoff drought among all the North American sports leagues. 

The moment Rodgers releases the first pass attempt of his Jets career, you'll have seen the best quarterback who has ever laced them up in New York Jets franchise history. 

Shame on you guys lmao crying about a first round pick. Newsflash, people....you don't make this trade, your team is irrelevant, weak, nothing, cannon fodder, the same place your sorry *** franchise has been since your SB win in the 60s

^cheesy troll

I still think the jets got a stael on this deal from GB. They did nothing with the pick swap and grabbed 2 TE. AR comes to a team with a young group of hungry kids needing a vet QB to lead the way. AR looks great and is ready to take on the rest of the NFL. The Jets will put up a 12 win season and lock up a home playoff game. I don't see any holes on this team. Is there some average play in spots yes but you can't be great at all the spots. If average is your bad spot this is very good. Then you add the jets have some good depth too. Kwon Alexander is about all you need right now. If Ben Jones wants to sign a cheap deal and if Suh does too then add them. AR is throwimg drats out there and moving VERY well for 39. I'm not worried about his age. I think the change and motovation is there for him to play several more season. He is going to play 2 years and could play for 4 or 5 more if he wanted too. One thing he does well is get ride of the ball and will not take hits that he needs too. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, persiandud said:

Packer fan here...

GO **** yourself you sorry little cuck. Packer's fans just an embarrassing bunch during and after this entire process. 

Also the Packer fans after the Favre trade, so much classier and intelligent than this era of Packers fans. Like just sad. I think its time you guys just stay the **** off this board and stick to your own. You've more than worn out your welcome. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

GO **** yourself you sorry little cuck. Packer's fans just an embarrassing bunch during and after this entire process. 

Also the Packer fans after the Favre trade, so much classier and intelligent than this era of Packers fans. Like just sad. I think its time you guys just stay the **** off this board and stick to your own. You've more than worn out your welcome. 

Emotional Damage GIF by Jennifer Accomando

On 5/6/2023 at 4:15 AM, persiandud said:

I just don't understand this argument.

According to Forbes, Brady earned 525 million in his career. Enough his set his family up for generations and generations. Brady was able to take team friendly deals because he was mind-bogglingly rich. Regardless of his wife.

Essentially its just vanity money.  Brady signs a 20m contract instead of a 2m purely because 20m looks nicer. The extra 18m has zero effect on his life or the life of his family. 

If you accept the reason Rodgers, Brady and so on want such huge amounts of money is purely because its looks good on paper and is good for the ego then if anything Brady having a super-rich wife would actually make him want bigger contracts so he isn't as over shadowed by her financially.

I don't have any issues with players earning what they can - its a free market.  But any top tier QB who has already signed one huge contract , should be set up for life already and could easily play for vet minimum to help the team should they choose to without it affecting their life. Regardless of who they are married to.  Not saying they should. Just they are all able to.

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

Brady signs a 20m contract instead of a 2m purely because 20m looks nicer.

It is more about the optics within the NFL community.  Imagine the vitriol from fellow players and the union if Brady took a vet minimum contract.  He signs team friendly deals but it can't be ridiculously low.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

It is more about the optics within the NFL community.  Imagine the vitriol from fellow players and the union if Brady took a vet minimum contract.  He signs team friendly deals but it can't be ridiculously low.

True and no agent would want to be associated it.

Just think the whole idea that Tom Brady who is insanely rich and has earned 540m 'can afford' to take a 20m contract instead of a 30m contract because his wife happens to have money laughable and clearly nonsense.

Any QB who has been paid once could take a team friendly deal if they wanted to.  I don't expect them to but the wealth of their wife is irrelevant.

• Like 1