Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Like what?  The roster is stacked.  Only weakness is the O-line.  Should be able to draft a day 1 starter at #15.

But we need 4 OL starters.  If the season were to start today, we would be trotting out almost the same OL as last year which was ranked in the bottom third of the league.  A ranking which I think is generous after watching them every game.  We were not good last year.  There will be those that will counter with injuries and poor QB play, but statistically there will be injuries this year as well.  Add in a potential rookie OT playing next to one of the worst OG's in the league who is next to an an average at best OC.  Then we will have a starting RT that has not played in two years playing next to a great RG who himself is coming off an injury.

If that is the case, we may only have to give up a SRP next year because AR won't make it 65% of the snaps.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s a win for both sides. I think GB won compensation wise. But we are hands down a WAY better team than they are now. And I think GB still doesn’t have a QB (not a Love fan). But takeaway you have draft capital to build the roster.

Debatable . As much as I think Rodgers will be good, there’s a wide range of outcomes. 

as there is with Jordan Love. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think we have to make some big moves still if we want to be a win now team. Just drafting a couple guys isn’t enough.

CMG, to be a pro bowl center after being rated top 24th amongst all starting centers the last three years...

Nick Mangold coming out of retirement maybe. 

This seems pretty nuts and on paper seems like the Jets are giving up very little at all.  And get to keep a high 1st round pick?  How the hell?

The Seahawks got for Russell Wilson

Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant
2022 1st, 2nd, 5th
2023 1st and 2nd.  

For Russell Wilson and 2022 4th rounder.

How was Rodgers traded for less, what because he is a nut and will retire in a year or two?  What the price he gets paid?  Just seems like the Packers got very little for Rodgers.  Good for the Jets I guess, sure maybe they give up a 1st or 2nd rounder next year but who cares if that is the only major difference and loss on their end.

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This seems pretty nuts and on paper seems like the Jets are giving up very little at all.  And get to keep a high 1st round pick?  How the hell?

The Seahawks got for Russell Wilson

Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant
2022 1st, 2nd, 5th
2023 1st and 2nd.  

For Russell Wilson and 2022 4th rounder.

How was Rodgers traded for less, what because he is a nut and will retire in a year or two?  What the price he gets paid?  Just seems like the Packers got very little for Rodgers.  Good for the Jets I guess, sure maybe they give up a 1st or 2nd rounder next year but who cares if that is the only major difference and loss on their end.

Wilson was 33 when traded. Rodgers 39. That’s the difference. And that difference is HUGE!!!

The Russel Wilson trade would have kickstarted another Legion of Boom team had it not been for the Jamal Adams fleecing JD did on Seattle a year prior.

Jets should be a playoff team, but the AFC is so loaded this year that it's tough to see them winning a playoff game let alone 2 or 3. They won't get the number one seed unless Allen and Tua get injured. 

Cinci is still the most dangerous team I feel. LAC are a joke. Jags? Dangerous as well...

Edited by WheatieMan

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

IMO JD lost pretty decently in this trade. He broke 

As a Packer fan, I hope he does well for you all and you get several good years out of him. When motivated, he is great....and he will be this year...trust me. If you get deep into the playoffs or get to the Super Bowl, I think most of your fan base will think the trade was worth it.  That's the chance you are taking.  I can also tell you that Rodgers thought highly of your first round pick last year, so I think he will be a good mentor for him.

The Packers did better in this trade than I thought they would as they didn't have to eat any of his salary.  I'm looking forward to seeing Love play...hopefully well, but that's the chance we are taking.  Love has the physical tools...we'll see about the rest of it.

How much cap do the NYJ have to clear? Cut a couple WR and they're good? When does that need to be finalized? I thought GB could agree to pay some of the base, although they just at 9 million in dead money in bonuses alone by trading Rogers if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by WheatieMan

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Deal is a pick swap of 13 and 15.

GB gets 42.

We get there 5th and they get our 6th

In 2024 they get a 2nd that turns into a 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of the snaps are more.

NOT CRAZY ABOUT THIS DEAL AT ALL.

FIRST MOVING DOWN TWO SPORTS COULD COST US A TOP OFFENSIVE LINEMAN

SECOND GIVING THEM THE 42  PICK IN THE SECOND ROUND IS OK  THATS FAIR

THIRD GIVING  THEM A SECOND PICK IN IN 2024 OK WITH THAT ALSO FAIR. BUT THE KICKER IS WE ARE GIVING THEM A FIRST ROUND PICK IF RODGERS PLAYS 65% SNAPS THIS YEAR.  THIS COULD BIT US IN THE ***  REMEMBER THE IN  2024 DRAFT IS ONLY 12 MONTHS AWAY. 

AS FAR OF TRANDING FIFTH & SIX ROUND THAT IS A JOKE WHO CARES

I GIVE THIS TRADE   D+

OK I AM SURE SOME PEOPLE WILL SUGAR COAT THIS TRADE.

THE MORE I THINK ABOUT THIS TRADE THE MORE I HATE IT WE GAVE UP WAY TO MUCH FOR A GUYTHAT WAS READY TO RETIRE.

Edited by doumeyer

Although I’m happy with both outcomes I think JD has come out paying more on both the Rodgers and Moore trade. 

When all this started giving up this years first plus a mid rounder next year seemed fair on both counts. But as the word of us not giving up a first came out it now looks like we’ve paid over the odds. 

Ultimately it’s more than I thought but fair if Rodgers gives us 2-3 years. If it’s one and done and that one isn’t a SB then it ain’t good. 

Edited by KimuraGod

A swap of 1sts? There are no winners and losers here. I could see if the Jets gave up 13 for pick 23 or 27, but this is a nothing burger. As for the 2nd rounder, the entire fan base knew that the Jets would have to surrender a second rounder. The Jets pick up a 5th rounder, so now they have 2 5th rounders as opposed to a 6th. 

So the Jets get the 15th pick, a second, forth, 2 fifth round picks. 5 picks in all and Rodgers who make them the team to beat in the AFC East.

As for 2024, Rodgers could retire, the upside he could bring the Jets a SB ring or at least a SB appearance. If the Jets win the SB this year because of Rodgers the 1st rounder next year is a no brainer for a chance at a second one.

I think we lost the trade value wise but win player wise.

We gave up too much but now are a SB contender.

The part that agitates me, is we waited this long to give up too much. If we made this trade 3 weeks ago is Calais Campbell and OBJ Jets?

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wilson was 33 when traded. Rodgers 39. That’s the difference. And that difference is HUGE!!!

True but either way seems like the Jets gave up very little but yeah Rodgers is one or two years and out the door most likely.  

Enjoy the drama and the attitude, and they will have to upgrade that OT spot no question, especially with Becton's injuries but should not be a problem with still having that 15th pick in the draft which is nuts.  Add a few OLBs in the draft and another safety or CB they should be pretty set as a roster.  

So did the resign Connor McGovern or he is still a free agent?  Bringing in Schweitzer was solid, he is a decent enough player.