Aaron Rodgers traded to the Jets

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Overpaid. But we’re a contender now and GB might have garbage at QB. So we’re in a better position competitiveness wise. It’s that 1st next year that is bugging me. Everything else I’m ok with.

Trade with confidence.  I don't think it is not a bad deal.   Jets basically lose 2 premier picks for Rodgers.  Is that what both parties of this forum have been talking about, no?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's not gonna retire....but welcome to our world.

I don't think he wont neither.   I mean Jets company and Rodgers had talked about his future.  Jets forking over 2024 top pick should indicate he will collect two option bonuses before finally thinking about retirement.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he plays 2 years. Only way he’s 1 and done is if we win the SB. And in that case I can careless if he retires.

You're not gonna win a SB (again...welcome to our world) :) - and I agree with you. He's gonna play at least two more years.
Health-wise, he could play for some time. He's his own worst enemy regards commitment and training.

And I'll add.....that I'm so ******* glad that I/we dont have to put up with his "I'm gonna retire" stuff anymore.
Good riddance in that regard.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Overpaid. But we’re a contender now and GB might have garbage at QB. So we’re in a better position competitiveness wise. It’s that 1st next year that is bugging me. Everything else I’m ok with.

I'd be super excited if I was a Jets fan.  Massive national exposure.  So no noon games sorry.  One of the best QB's to ever play the game to lead your team.  Jets are going to have an offense to pair with that most excellent Defense.  Think some on this board had unrealistic expectations of what the trade would look like.  BTW I've been following Aaron Rodgers since he was rook.  Listened to all his podcasts etc.  Rodgers won't retire until his arm falls off.  Only way he'll retire after this season is if the Jets win the Superbowl otherwise he's coming back.  You'll get at least 2  maybe 3 seasons of top level QB play.  I know as a Packer fan I'm supposed to route against you so we get a higher 1st rounder.  Not worth I'll be pulling for the Jets success and will watch all the games I can get access to.  Now JD get some help on the O-line and protect him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I'd be super excited if I was a Jets fan.  Massive national exposure.  So no noon games sorry.  One of the best QB's to ever play the game to lead your team.  Jets are going to have an offense to pair with that most excellent Defense.  Think some on this board had unrealistic expectations of what the trade would look like.  BTW I've been following Aaron Rodgers since he was rook.  Listened to all his podcasts etc.  Rodgers won't retire until his arm falls off.  Only way he'll retire after this season is if the Jets win the Superbowl otherwise he's coming back.  You'll get at least 2  maybe 3 seasons of top level QB play.  I know as a Packer fan I'm supposed to route against you so we get a higher 1st rounder.  Not worth I'll be pulling for the Jets success and will watch all the games I can get access to.  Now JD get some help on the O-line and protect him. 

You promise not to come here when Jets are losing this season?

Edited by JetsandI

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Big thing to note is we have no protection if he retires after 2023

No retirement protection, nor anything relating to team success...

If Rodgers falls off a cliff or retires, we could be looking at Russell Wilson/Denver Broncos level disaster...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You promise not to come here when Jets are losing this season?

Nah dude I'm not that way.  I want the Jets to win and they will.  I might pop in time to time maybe offer some encouragement.  It may take a bit for the offense to come together.  New team and receivers.  They should improve as the season wears on.  Don't expect them to come out hot.  By mid season they should be clicking on all cylinders.  It will be fun watching Rodgers paired with Garrett Wilson.  Trade was pretty fair considering the impact he'll have.  We'll see what the oddsmakers think.  Jets have just vaulted to one of the top teams in the league.  Just hope you get that O-line sorted.  That has to be top priority for the Jets.  Got talent everywhere else. 

• Like 1

This isn’t an overpay. 

idk why many Jets fans thought you were going to get him basically for free, but this is a 4 time MVP who played last year hurt. 

It’s only an ‘overpay’ because a lot of you thought it was gonna be for peanuts. Someone thought just the pick swap was good enough , or a 2nd rounder. That was all ridiculous. And that’s why it looks like an ‘overpay’

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drew39k said:

No retirement protection, nor anything relating to team success...

If Rodgers falls off a cliff or retires, we could be looking at Russell Wilson/Denver Broncos level disaster...

Really dude?  We have some guys like you on our forum.  Always taking the negative view.  This is not Russell Wilson.  It's Aaron Rodgers.  Get pumped the Jets are now legit contenders.  Expect them to make it to the divisional round this year.  Next year maybe the big dance against the Packers.  😃