The Nation vs Zeigler

drfrey13

13 minutes ago, G said:

7) CB Gonzalez

38) DT Benton

70) LB Simpson (Washington is tempting here but Defense is needed.

Would have used the 5th in trade up to 35 to trade up from 100 to get TE Washington

104) CB Ringo and make him cover TE's

Would have traded 2024 3rd for next pick and taken T Dawand Jones.

No trades it's 

7) CB Gonzolez

35) DT Benton

70) LB Simpson

100) T Jones

104) CB Ringo

Surely the idea is to post your picks as they fall, we can all now revise selections knowing how the draft played out? E.g Simpson wasn’t expected to be there at 70, would you have not taken him at #38? 

Edited by Dessie

35 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Surely the idea is to post your picks as they fall, we can all now revise selections knowing how the draft played out? E.g Simpson wasn’t expected to be there at 70, would you have not taken him at #38? 

My bad. Just clicking on 'next unread topic' and posted to what Iwas seeing as 'new' posts. Looking back I deleted one because I realized after that post where I was. I didn't watch the draft and I did many mocks before with Simpson almost always falling to the 3rd round this past two months on PFF. I also always took LB Sanders over Simpson every time. So it's possible I'd taken Sanders @ 38 but not Simpson. Many times I also picked TE Washington over Simpson in the 3rd. Had I taken Carter @7 I'd taken a CB @38 as I wouldn't have expected so many CB's to be there in the 3rd. Dawand Jones is the one that I'd have a hard time passing on. 2nd/3rd, when I saw he and Ringo were there before the 3rd day started I was hoping we'd get 1 or both (trade 3rd in 2024) However if I had Gonzalez I'd not double dip til the 3rd round. I will delete the other one and leave this one up so the discussion is understood. 

Edit: It's like how every topic became a 'Carr' topic. lol Posting in the wrong spot. 

Edited by G
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

Rolni's Picks

• Round 1, Pick No. 7 - Jalen Carter, DT Georgia
  • Round 2, Pick No. 35 - Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
  • Round 3, Pick No. 70 - Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson
  • Round 3, Pick No. 100 - Dawan Jones, OT, Ohio State
  • Round 4, Pick No. 104 - Chandler Zavala, OG, NC State
  • Round 5, Pick No. 135 - Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
  • Round 5, Pick No. 170 - Christopher Smith II, S, Georgia
  • Round 5, Pick No. 203 - Ameer Speed, CB, Michigan State
  • Round 7, Pick No. 231 - Anthony Johnson Jr, S, Iowa State

Another group of really nice picks I feel........man, there was some nice value dropping down in this draft!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 6:38 AM, Darbsk said:

Really like all these picks, some great value though I don’t know Winters tbh.

I just didn't like how our board played out if we didn't get one of the top 4 or 5 corners. I like our late round picks of CB and S but I felt like we needed an influx of talent with secondary and linebacker more than anything. We already had DE's so I felt like it was a luxury pick in a way. I was saying my one gripe about this draft class is we had about ~12 picks before the draft, and I don't see 1 immediate starter for us on offense or defense. Wilson/Mayer/Young/both secondary picks will all rotate for us and it's hard to imagine that we will get an immediate impact from any of those guys. Although I'll be very curious to see Wilson's progression and if Chandler will be able to hold him off as a starter all year, same with Mayer and the short term TE's.

Winter's is an undersized LB that was a team captain. It's funny because some scouting websites had him listed as 6'1 but he was measured at 5'11. Ran a 4.49 too, would've loved him as some depth for us. I tried to make as many picks in real time as possible, which shows how much I would know about value. I had Kuntz as my 4th rounder and he went in the 7th 😅

I'm happy with how our draft played out having most of the picks being defense. I wasn't happy with the Tre Turner pick in the 3rd round but I'm guessing McDaniels has a special place for him running our gadget plays and return duties. I'll have to admit I'm pretty excited about the Mayer pick even though it came out of left field. I'm so used to having workout warriors being picked that it's nice to have some good football players with good tape being our top pick. And I think Wilson could've had a blazing 40 for a DE after learning he's been running track since high when he was 6'5 240 lol. 

Edited by CaribouLou
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

Winter's is an undersized LB that was a team captain. It's funny because some scouting websites had him listed as 6'1 but he was measured at 5'11. Ran a 4.49 too, would've loved him as some depth for us. I tried to make as many picks in real time as possible, which shows how much I would know about value. I had Kuntz as my 4th rounder and he went in the 7th 😅

Excellent information thanks 👍🏼  must have just completely missed him 😄