1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

Addendum to my longer post above:

Neither a DUI or Speeding offense requires an actual accident to receive a ticket from a LEO or traffic camera system.

Think about why that is the case.

When we think about it, some folks behavior isn't perplexing at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Purplexing said:

He wanted to be caught speeding just to get attention?!   Isn't there another, better, safer way for him to do so?  Couldn't he just hire a PR guy/gal?  If he paid you well to be a PR guy/gal, would you help him get attention?  You have the attention of readers here at Football Feuders.  But, well, not for a calm, sensible reaction to this news.

When someone is immature and not the brightest light bulb, they unaware of their own behaviors. He’s a child and it’s pretty evident. I suggest taking a few psychology courses.

2 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Addendum to my longer post above:

Neither a DUI or Speeding offense requires an actual accident to receive a ticket from a LEO or traffic camera system.

Think about why that is the case.

When we think about it, some folks behavior isn't perplexing at all.

Dont you mean purplexing?

4 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

This kid is a clown just from watching his interviews and listening to how he talks and what he says.

In one interview he said how his coaches wife used to pack him lunch and what not. Calling it now just like I did LaQuon Treadwell; bust.

Too small and not fast enough. He’s acting out like a little child to get attention bc JJ is the real deal and Addison is not. 

Well that's a stretch.

• Like 1

If Addison's Lambo is the '24 model, it has a top speed of about 190mph. I didn't realize there was a modern Lambo with a top speed that low. Props to him for exercising SOME restraint. xD

Since I don't know the circumstances surrounding Addidon's incident. I won't judge the guy too harshly. In my youth I went a lot faster than 140mph out on the open desert with both of my vehicles (there was a nearby stretch of interstate that had no speed limit back then). But that was a deserted environment with straight roadway, miles of clear visibility, known road conditions, and no intersections. And I always slowed down when approaching traffic, prior to passing.

I don't know about the area where Addison was cited, but I'm guessing Addison was in at least a somewhat populated area, which not only creates increased risk to himself, but also can potentially impact others. Not to mention I don't know many folks in MN who haven't hit a deer with their car at least once. Risks to safety aside, it's not a good idea to pull a stunt like this when it can affect your employment. Hopefully he exercises better judgement in the future.

For those who haven't driven fast cars... they tend to be tuned for performance at high speeds. While driving is inheritantly unsafe, and speeding is even less safe, there's no grounds to claim that Addison had no control over his vehicle at high speed. Performance cars have suspension and steering that are tuned for high speed. They usually have high end performance brakes and tires that can afford better traction. They also tend to have low clearance. Those cars are DESIGNED to handle better at high speed than your average car, and that's one of the reasons they cost so much. In fact, both of my vehicles don't even smoothe out until around 100mph. Your average driver can handle high speeds in a performance car up to around 150mph, above which the handling becomes less intuitive. Driving a performance car at high speed is not equivelant to driving a Taurus or Silverado (or Kirk's van) at high speed, though we all agree it is obviously more unsafe to speed than to drive at the speed limit.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sir Fobos said:

If Addison's Lambo is the '24 model, it has a top speed of about 190mph. I didn't realize there was a modern Lambo with a top speed that low. Props to him for exercising SOME restraint. xD

Since I don't know the circumstances surrounding Addidon's incident. I won't judge the guy too harshly. In my youth I went a lot faster than 140mph out on the open desert with both of my vehicles (there was a nearby stretch of interstate that had no speed limit back then). But that was a deserted environment with straight roadway, miles of clear visibility, known road conditions, and no intersections. And I always slowed down when approaching traffic, prior to passing.

I don't know about the area where Addison was cited, but I'm guessing Addison was in at least a somewhat populated area, which not only creates increased risk to himself, but also can potentially impact others. Not to mention I don't know many folks in MN who haven't hit a deer with their car at least once. Risks to safety aside, it's not a good idea to pull a stunt like this when it can affect your employment. Hopefully he exercises better judgement in the future.

For those who haven't driven fast cars... they tend to be tuned for performance at high speeds. While driving is inheritantly unsafe, and speeding is even less safe, there's no grounds to claim that Addison had no control over his vehicle at high speed. Performance cars have suspension and steering that are tuned for high speed. They usually have high end performance brakes and tires that can afford better traction. They also tend to have low clearance. Those cars are DESIGNED to handle better at high speed than your average car, and that's one of the reasons they cost so much. In fact, both of my vehicles don't even smoothe out until around 100mph. Your average driver can handle high speeds in a performance car up to around 150mph, above which the handling becomes less intuitive. Driving a performance car at high speed is not equivelant to driving a Taurus or Silverado (or Kirk's van) at high speed, though we all agree it is obviously more unsafe to speed than to drive at the speed limit.

Plenty of words.   A dearth of logic.

So, then, .... after all of that ^, why are there posted speed limits on nearly every road in the US and many other nations?

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Statement from the Vikings on Jordan Addison: “We are aware of last night’s traffic incident involving Jordan Addison and are gathering additional information.”

vikings.com

They're looking for the file where the Code of Conduct is stored.  It's been a while.

3 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Everyone said it was a stretch when I said the players didn’t like Mike Zimmer too.

Independent issues  Unless your opinions were never wrong in your entire life, the above isn't substantiation of anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sad People said:

Dont you mean purplexing?

Nope.

I thought it wouldn't be perplexing to readers that I intentionally misspelled perplexing as purplexing for use as a screen name on a Vikings message board.  I'm shocked!, shocked, I tell you, that I gambled and lost regarding my intentional misnomer!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Purplexing said:

Plenty of words.   A dearth of logic.

So, then, .... after all of that ^, why are there posted speed limits on nearly every road in the US and many other nations?

Because elected or appointed individuals/groups in the respective jurisdictions decided to impose them.