Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 minute ago, K-Ro 25 said:

The Cousins report is accurate though. 

So we are going to attempt to make a top 10ish QB the highest paid player in league history for real. Only the Jets. 

I know everyone in here absolutely loves Cousins for whatever reason, but that’s not a move I’d make.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So we are going to attempt to make a top 10ish QB the highest paid player in league history for real. Only the Jets. 

I know everyone in here absolutely loves Cousins for whatever reason, but that’s not a move I’d make.

QB FAs like this don’t hit FA, so yes you have to overpay for them. Just like you do for every UFA.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

You know I’m w you bro lol

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

QB FAs like this don’t hit FA, so yes you have to overpay for them. Just like you do for every UFA.

QBs like what? He’s not exceptional and we’ve gone back and forth on this already. He’s not even a top 5 QB and if he’s going to get paid like he’s the best then I want no part of it. 

Just like I’d want no part of Alex Smiths deal. Or Matt Staffords deal. They aren’t good enough to win you even playoff games.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Thank you.

It's not the player I hate in this scenario, it's the game. The free agent game. I know we have cap space, but we need to use that space to fill ALL of our holes.

I still prefer to draft a QB sixth overall and run with him as our future, or bring back McCown or sign some other stopgap and draft our future QB in the second round.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

QBs like what? He’s not exceptional and we’ve gone back and forth on this already. He’s not even a top 5 QB and if he’s going to get paid like he’s the best then I want no part of it. 

He’ll be a top paid QB this next season or 2. After that several other QBs will get paid more than him (Wentz, Goff, etc.). And all these QBs that are better than him now will either retire or decline (Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger). So he will be slightly overpaid for a season or 2. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’ll be a top paid QB this next season or 2. After that several other QBs will get paid more than him (Wentz, Goff, etc.). And all these QBs that are better than him now will either retire or decline (Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger). So he will be slightly overpaid for a season or 2. 

So what? Wentz and Goff have wayyy more upside.

Kirk also has a career losing record, a putrid record against winning teams, and I remember watching the Skins vs Giants game 2 years ago (?) with my buddy who’s a Skins fan, Redskins win and in the playoffs.. and Kirk just couldn’t get it done. What was it 3 picks?

Mac better find a way to keep some cap in 2 years with an atrocious contract like that.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

So what? Wentz and Goff have wayyy more upside.

Kirk also has a career losing record, a putrid record against winning teams, and I remember watching the Skins vs Giants game 2 years ago (?) with my buddy who’s a Skins fan and Kirk just couldn’t get it done. What was it 3 picks?

Mac better find a way to keep some cap in 2 years with an atrocious contract like that.

Most teams have a QB taking up a big cap hit. If they don’t they either don’t have a good QB (us forever now) or will eventually have to pay the guy (countless teams). We have money to spend. So it’s not a bad move. Every FA isn’t worth the price. QBs just get paid more so the numbers are scary. It’s be no different on how much we’d have to overpay a guy like Lawerence or Ansah at edge rusher. We’d have to make them the highest paid edge in FA when they’re not the best edge rushers in the nfl. This is why teams have to draft well. We haven’t and this is the cards e are dealt.

Most teams have a QB taking up a big cap hit. If they don’t they either don’t have a good QB (us forever now) or will eventually have to pay the guy (countless teams). We have money to spend. So it’s not a bad move. Every FA isn’t worth the price. QBs just get paid more so the numbers are scary. It’s be no different on how much we’d have to overpay a guy like Lawerence or Ansah at edge rusher. We’d have to make them the highest paid edge in FA when they’re not the best edge rushers in the nfl. This is why teams have to draft well. We haven’t and this is the cards e are dealt.

It’s a bad move in the sense we are committing to a player who is not great but above average at the most important position on the team not only with a ton of cap but at least 4 seasons on a team full of holes.

If you're going to overpay a guy let it be the QB that has shown the ability to be competent. Cousin's is a fiery competitor and can't imagine him dropping off. Look at Flacco, at one point he was the highest paid QB just because his team won a Superbowl.  He's not great by any means. 

1 minute ago, Sapo28 said:

If you're going to overpay a guy let it be the QB that has shown the ability to be competent. Cousin's is a fiery competitor and can't imagine him dropping off. Look at Flacco, at one point he was the highest paid QB just because his team won a Superbowl.  He's not great by any means. 

Flacco was absolutely on fire during that playoff stretch and was a key reason they won. That’s why he got paid. But Cousins has one playoff loss. I don’t think any of us would care how much we pay Cousins coming off a SuperBowl victory.

Archived