Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

Just now, JetsandI said:

The word said Cousins could take the heavier Stafford contract from Broncos.  If it comes out true then Jetskid and his followers will be in the mental hospital. Front loading contract may mean nothing to Cousins.  Can't wait to find out in March.

Well when people act like it’s a done deal, like so many on here seem to think, yes there are going to be a lot of disappointment. 

Cant wait to see what happens though for better or worse. Better sell him on Bates.

14 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Well when people act like it’s a done deal, like so many on here seem to think, yes there are going to be a lot of disappointment. 

Cant wait to see what happens though for better or worse. Better sell him on Bates.

Hey if Denver wants to surrender picks for tampering be my guest lol. The quotes from Colin Cowherd sound like a bunch of BS and he sounds more like he is trying to ruffle feathers. Washington will absolutely file for tampering if this proves to be true. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Franchise QB and still holding the 6th and 37th pick >>>>>>>>>>> Trading up and getting our guy with the 3rd pick.

Franchise QB and still holding the 6th and 37th >>>>>>>>>> Drafting whatever QB falls to us at 6.

This is what it boils down for me, just imagine how quick we could really turn this team around.

Lets just say we get Fitzpatrick, Chubb or Barkley at the sixth pick.

- A secondary that could be elite real quick, a defense who potentially got the pass rush they need, an offense that added it's best QB ever and a dynamic RB.

I'm not saying we'd be Superbowl contenders next year, but this defense isn't far off from being able to win us games. A lot of the pieces are in place already with this team, it's not that far off...

I just don't understand how people are still hopeful of landing a QB in the draft and letting everything fall into place. Make a couple of smart signings in free agency, finally land the QB and this team would be battling with teams in the AFC.

9 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

This is what it boils down for me, just imagine how quick we could really turn this team around.

- A secondary that could be elite real quick, a defense who potentially got the pass rush they need, an offense that added it's best QB ever and a dynamic RB.

I'm not saying we'd be Superbowl contenders next year, but this defense isn't far off from being able to win us games. A lot of the pieces are in place already with this team, it's not that far off...

I just don't understand how people are still hopeful of landing a QB in the draft and letting everything fall into place. Make a couple of smart signings in free agency, finally land the QB and this team would be battling with teams in the AFC.

Bc you’re forgetting that nearly every single one of the guys that don’t want us to sign Cousins are HUGE supporters of Baker Mayfield and think he’s the next Tom Brady. SMH.

Another thing to nota that might be big in getting Cousins, is rolling out the red carpet for him like he is by all means who you’re 100% in on. He’s a guy that’s for 1-3yrs has played for a team that hasn’t backed him. And just being wanted will be great for him. Don’t pitch him saying we have other options and play hardball. Pitch him as if he’s the only FA QB.

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc you’re forgetting that nearly every single one of the guys that don’t want us to sign Cousins are HUGE supporters of Baker Mayfield and think he’s the next Tom Brady. SMH.

I want nothing to do with Cousins and Mayfield is my #3 QB. Who you talking about?

You still believe in Hackenberg and would be willing to sign Teddy Bridgewater as our QB. Don’t throw stones 

42 minutes ago, Akomplice said:

The thing is you make it sound so easy. It’s just not that simple. The past 3 free agencies/drafts we have not been able to accomplish this. We have bare corners, a below average offensive line, no real playmakers at WR, no RB, no pass rusher, there’s probably more. We have a couple safeties and a good DE on defense. The “quick fix” is not the way to go. Cousins isn’t going to turn our fortunes.

If you think Mac is going to all of a sudden become some awesome GM now, then I guess I can see it. But from what I’ve seen so far, that’s a long shot.

But he grabs his crotch at opponents.

And has gotten arrested. And has had several other sideline issues besides just the crying grab. And also plays in a wide open Big 12 spread system (so inflated stats and weak defenses).

The thing is you make it sound so easy. It’s just not that simple. The past 3 free agencies/drafts we have not been able to accomplish this. We have bare corners, a below average offensive line, no real playmakers at WR, no RB, no pass rusher, there’s probably more. We have a couple safeties and a good DE on defense. The “quick fix” is not the way to go. Cousins isn’t going to turn our fortunes.

If you think Mac is going to all of a sudden become some awesome GM now, then I guess I can see it. But from what I’ve seen so far, that’s a long shot.

You are starting to sound like me, but you are correct, I posted basically the same thing today.  To many on this board think the other 31 teams are going to sit around with their thumb up their butts while the Jets make all these moves. We are in position to be a player in all this offseason activity but the big question is Mac the man to do it,. His record so far has not indicates that. I just hope I am wrong.

29 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

You are starting to sound like me, but you are correct, I posted basically the same thing today.  To many on this board think the other 31 teams are going to sit around with their thumb up their butts while the Jets make all these moves. We are in position to be a player in all this offseason activity but the big question is Mac the man to do it,. His record so far has not indicates that. I just hope I am wrong.

You guys are vastly underestimating that there's still 50-60mill we could spend in FA after resigning our own and bringing in Cousins. And once again we have 3 picks in the top 47 picks. That should be 3 good talents that help us in the draft but really 4 if you include our 3rd Rounder.. All in all outside of Cousins... 6 or so positions should see big time upgrades. In FA (outside of Cousins) I expect us to go after a C, OG, CB and possibly even WR or RB. Whatever we don't land in FA I expect us to prioritize in the draft. You also have to realize that we are not an enticing team with no QB for a FA to want to join. But if we add Cousins... that adds stability to the franchise for 5-10yrs making it more enticing for a FA to want to sign with us at other positions.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I know it's hard to understand for us Jet fans, but when you have a capable QB, it makes everything else on the roster better. Being able to sustain drives longer, actually elevating the play of WR's, having a QB that could actually make quick reads. All of a sudden our defense isn't being run ragged because we can't control the time of possession, all of a sudden we aren't begging our defense to win us field of position every time. Cousins would come in here and throw for 4000 yards and 26 TD's in his sleep, numbers that would be equivalent to the greatest season ever by a Jets QB statistically.

If we sign Cousins, who do we draft at six? Fitzpatrick and all of a sudden with a resigned Claiborne our corners are a strength. What if we take a Billy Price, Will Hernandez, and sign a Andrew Norwell or Ryan Jensen. All of a sudden our offensive line is less than ragged. Enunwa is coming back from injury, big question mark but showed he can be a fringe number one. We don't have top end talent at the receiving core, but we do has a solid set. Who knows what signing one of Watkins, Lee, Robinson, Richardson, Landry etc could do for the receiving core. Maybe drafting a Dallas Goedert and we have a beast TE that can excel like a healthy Reed did for Cousins.

It's not calling for a quick fix, it's calling it like it is. A potential franchise level quarterback is on the market, those don't come along every year. We have the cash, we have a connection and we offer something he's been seeking for years. I rather pay Cousins a few extra million and solve a problem the Jets have had since O'Brien. Is that really asking for Mac to come in and had a Madden like offseason?

We saved money from last year for this year. What would you rather spend it on? Do you really think we have a chance at Bell? What happens if Ziggy and Lawerence never hit the market? What the hell are we saving money for?

Archived