D’Andre Swift traded to Philly

Louis Friend

Sh*t compensation.  This is an obvious we don't like you type of trade.  Like a straight up get out type move.   He is way more valuable to us this year as depth as we try and make a run than 7th round swap in a draft they seem to constantly trade down in and 5th round pick two years from now.  

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Sh*t compensation.  This is an obvious we don't like you type of trade.  Like a straight up get out type move.   He is way more valuable to us this year as depth as we try and make a run than 7th round swap in a draft they seem to constantly trade down in and 5th round pick two years from now.  

It's better than any compensatory pick we would've gotten for him walking after this year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

We don’t want him. That was obvious when we signed Montgomery to a 3 year deal, drafted a first rd RB to a 5 year deal   & had no intention of re-signing him. We’ve given him every opportunity to succeed and he just doesn’t have it in him to fight. 

Edited by Louis Friend
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

It's better than any compensatory pick we would've gotten for him walking after this year.

True but we are trying to make a run THIS year.

Think about this and what would you rather have:

Montgomery, Swift and the #6 (or 12) pick in the draft Or Montgomery, Gibbs, a 2025 4th round pick?

I don't know it just feels like the roster didn't improve that much.  

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

We don’t want him. That was obvious when we signed Montgomery to a 5 year deal, drafted a first rd RB to a 5 year deal and didn’t pick up his fifth year option. We’ve given him every opportunity to succeed and he just doesn’t have it in him to fight. 

We signed Montgomery to a 3 year deal and Swift was a 2nd round pick. There was no 5th year option.

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

True but we are trying to make a run THIS year.

Think about this and what would you rather have:

Montgomery, Swift and the #6 (or 12) pick in the draft Or Montgomery, Gibbs, a 2025 4th round pick?

I don't know it just feels like the roster didn't improve that much.  

I'm not a fan of the Gibbs pick myself, but I will say I think the RB room is better than last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

We don’t want him. That was obvious when we signed Montgomery to a 5 year deal, drafted a first rd RB to a 5 year deal and didn’t pick up his fifth year option. We’ve given him every opportunity to succeed and he just doesn’t have it in him to fight. 

That was beyond obvious.  I don't think he should be the starter I just think as depth he could be a great value for us.  It's not like he had this monster contact.  I don't know I just feel like this is the closet we've been to winning the division since the 90's and I want to keep as many playmaker/depth players we can.  If Gibbs gets injured who do we have as depth for that type of roll?

Just now, General Tso said:

I'm not a fan of the Gibbs pick myself, but I will say I think the RB room is better than last year.

That's true.

Just now, General Tso said: