D’Andre Swift traded to Philly

Louis Friend

32 minutes ago, teude said:

4th rounder is good, shame its 2025.

Which is about 6th round value this year.  With the trade up in the 7th it’s about an early 6th value.  That seems low and as someone else said, it shows they would rather just not have him in the RB room at all even if he had value this year. Eagles going with the all injured RB room with Swift and Penny. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Which is about 6th round value this year.  With the trade up in the 7th it’s about an early 6th value.  That seems low and as someone else said, it shows they would rather just not have him in the RB room at all even if he had value this year. Eagles going with the all injured RB room with Swift and Penny. 

What I hope for Swift, the person, is that this gets him motivated and things start to click. He doesn't have Staley there to keep pushing him. 

For Swift, the player - this is a major fork in the road. You were essentially given away for a bag of chips. You're on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations. If you run into the same issues as you did in Detroit, you're likely going the Ameer Abdullah route. 

• Like 1

MJD and Mark Ross on NFL network talking up Swift like he is a monster and how could the rest of the league let this happen, He is injured every other week and Duece even said that he needs to learn to play hurt and he needed to learn that hurt doesn't mean injured, his toughness was constantly called into question during training camp and all season, he got by on talent alone until he came to the NFL where everyone has talent, it's the hard work and the willingness to play through pain that makes an NFL RB and those are traits he never showed over his time here, I can't deny the talent but his lack of willingness to play with boo boos does not scream MCDC to me.

• Like 2

Just now, MrLionzz said:

MJD and Mark Ross on NFL network talking up Swift like he is a monster and how could the rest of the league let this happen, He is injured every other week and Duece even said that he needs to learn to play hurt and he needed to learn that hurt doesn't mean injured, his toughness was constantly called into question during training camp and all season, he got by on talent alone until he came to the NFL where everyone has talent, it's the hard work and the willingness to play through pain that makes an NFL RB and those are traits he never showed over his time here, I can't deny the talent but his lack of willingness to play with boo boos does not scream MCDC to me.

Most only know him off of name recognition. Just like Hockenson when he got traded to Minnesota. They are going to learn. 

• Like 1

I was tired of having a change of pace back who couldn't hit the home run, he always got caught from behind.  I don't think too many people will be catching Gibbs from behind because once he cuts and accelerates he is GONE! The main point is that at the end of the day, We got much better as a team because of the versatility and speed our RB room now possesses. I don't care about the number where Gibbs was selected I just care about the production and AVAILABILITY he will come with.

• Like 2