Round 5 Pick 167: LB Henry To'o'To'o

Texansfan713

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/henry-to-oto-o/3200544f-4f67-5714-6435-02b19e1c75f0

Henry To'oTo'o - Football - University of Alabama Athletics

Overview

Assignment-oriented linebacker whose play is steady but unspectacular. To’oTo’o is tough but lacks thump inside and doesn’t have the speed to cut off angles and stop outside run plays before they get to the corner. He’s a good technician but his play is a little more conservative than it will need to be with relatively average traits. To’oTo’o is always under control and generally where he needs to be. He’s just average in coverage and will need to become much more consistent as an open-field tackler. Good backup to below-average starter could be his career path whether he plays inside or outside.

Funny how NFL.COM has his comparison as Christian Kirksey

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I feel like he could be a starter for a long time, and then I'm like, what ever happened to Garret Wallow? Is he better than what we thought Wallow was going to be? Is Wallow still on the team? 

Wallow was hurt last season, IIRC. Still here, but probably pretty low on the DC.

6 hours ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

I feel like he could be a starter for a long time, and then I'm like, what ever happened to Garret Wallow? Is he better than what we thought Wallow was going to be? Is Wallow still on the team? 

I don’t think anyone was super high on Wallow. He was always projected as a special teams guy. Tootoo probably is too but there are some that think he can develop into an average nfl starter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Wallow was hurt last season, IIRC. Still here, but probably pretty low on the DC.

I rememeber Lovie really talking up Wallow. Remember he said Wallow had the best offseason? Then come season time, we hear nothing from him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I rememeber Lovie really talking up Wallow. Remember he said Wallow had the best offseason? Then come season time, we hear nothing from him.

I remember that now - I attributed it to Wallow putting on some size last off-season, from like 221 to 233 or something. He went from SS to WLB in terms of size, and the expectation was that he'd play better with more size. 

So much for that?