2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No one is arguing that you should take a comparable OG over a comparable pass rusher.

I think Nelson simply has a higher grade than any pass rusher we might get our hands on. Enough so that it would trump concerns about positional versatility.

Bro I will take a very good pass rusher over a Hall of Fame OG.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Windy, im going to be honest with you, im not sure Chubb is a BETTER prospect than Davenport, and im certain he doesnt have near the ceiling.  He is a SAFER prospect.  But there are no Myles Garretts, Von Millers, Kalil Macks in this draft.  

Chubb is a better prospect because he has a better chance of being a top notch NFL player.

I agree he is not Garrett or Von Miller.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

For every Scherff, there's a Warmack.

For every Clowney, there's a Dion Jordan.

But if you think I'd rather have Scherff than Clowney, you're nuts, and so again, the risk is equal, and I'm going to take my chances on the pass rusher every time.

The risk is not equal unless you are talking about Nelson and Chubb.

Just now, G08 said:

That's where we differ, but hot damn do I love your passion and convictions in your thoughts my friend.

Cheers :D

If the Bears pass on Nelson for a top level defender like Chubb or Smith I get it.

But to pass on Nelson to take a more wild swing at Davenport seems like a ton of risk that you do not need to take.

If this 8th pick flops that is a major set back to a team that finally looks like it is ready to ascend. If they take Davenport and he is Willie Young that is not a good value for a top 10 pick and you missed a chance to add a difference maker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He has actually shown consistent production and technique against higher level competition. 

It's Davenport's fault that UTSA didn't schedule Miami, Florida State and Clemson?

I bet when Payton played at Jackson State, they played against Alabama and Notre Dame, and I'm certain that NC A&T got Cohen ready for the NFL by playing at LSU and Oklahoma annually.

Who cares about competition? Throw that garbage out of your arguments. Maybe the 2 best NFL players of all time went to Mississippi Valley State and Jackson State.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Give me the HOF

You'd take Hutchinson over Mathis? Really?

Just now, beardown3231 said:

It's Davenport's fault that UTSA didn't schedule Miami, Florida State and Clemson?

I bet when Payton played at Jackson State, they played against Alabama and Notre Dame, and I'm certain that NC A&T got Cohen ready for the NFL by playing at LSU and Oklahoma annually.

Who cares about competition? Throw that garbage out of your arguments. Maybe the 2 best NFL players of all time went to Mississippi Valley State and Jackson State.

You'd take Hutchinson over Mathis? Really?

Mathis may make the HOF

I 100% take Hutchinson over Alex Brown and Ogun.

You are not actually arguing that Chubb isn't safer than Davenport?

Level of competition matters a ton when you consider that most of the tape on Davenport right now is physically bullying around OTs that physically cannot play at the NFL level. Davenport beat up on guys because he was the best athlete on the field every game. That will not be the case in the NFL, that is where technique will come into the equation and that is where he is deficient right now.

Chubb is safer because we can watch the consistent technique used to win against 1st round OTs like McGlinchey. We can see consistent production against players that will play on Sunday and physically offer a comp to what he may have to do at the NFL level. On top of it they are very similar athletes.

Chubb

-Athletic

-Productive

-Technically proficent

Davenport

-Athletic

-Somewhat productive, but really should have done more against B level talent.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Mathis may make the HOF

I 100% take Hutchinson over Alex Brown and Ogun.

Alex Brown never had more than 7 sacks in a year. Ogunleye had double digit sacks twice. If that's "very good," maybe that's where we can't get on the same page because I just have different definitions of very good.

Being 30th all time in sacks, which is what I believe Mathis is, is "very good" but not quite "HOF."