6.212 - Deuce Vaughn - RB Kansas State

textaz03

https://thelandryhat.com/

Leave it to the Cowboys writers to extinguish any momentum this team experiences.

I get that the article is sticking up for Dowdle, but after seeing Ron Jones get a 2 game suspension, Overshown out for a year, Williams about to join Jones on the sofa for an undisclosed number if games, this team has something to celebrate this preseason. And what does this genius do, "let's tap the brakes..."

Smfh!

On 8/25/2023 at 9:03 AM, Rtnldave said:

https://thelandryhat.com/

Leave it to the Cowboys writers to extinguish any momentum this team experiences.

I get that the article is sticking up for Dowdle, but after seeing Ron Jones get a 2 game suspension, Overshown out for a year, Williams about to join Jones on the sofa for an undisclosed number if games, this team has something to celebrate this preseason. And what does this genius do, "let's tap the brakes..."

Smfh!

I mean, I do get the whole, "let's put things in perspective" outlook...

It is preseason, and he isn't exactly playing against TJ Watt or the Bosa brothers. That isn't Harrison Smith or the Honey Badger coming down in the box on him, either. That is a bunch of guys who may not even make the practice squad trying to tackle him.

But, what you do see, is a kid who has all of the makings that you look for in a back. He avoids contact well and, during contact, shows great balance. He has outstanding vision, and shows flashes of great patience. He keeps ball high and tight, and has reliable hands out of the back field. He has the speed to separate from a defense, and the side to side agility to make them miss. That is what you want to see from an NFL runner.

Now, can he do that all against a starting defense, against a proper playcall by a D.C. trying to outfox the offense and cause him struggles? Time will tell, and only time will tell. But you see everything you could ask for. And that is a great starting point.

On 8/18/2023 at 10:17 AM, TVScout said:

Great backs need only a slit:

You know, if you watch this highlight reel...it almost looks like some of Vaughn's more highlight esque runs so far this preseason. Man, we could only hope...

Though granted the game has changed so much since Sayers. That was an era where the top athletes played baseball, basketball, or anything other than football. So those exceptional, one in a decade athletes like Sayers, who chose football...made the rest of the league look a group of kindergarten kids trying to play pro ball.

• 4 weeks later...