> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

9 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I don't see Howie making that big of a move.  16 seems like about the sweet spot.  12 would cost the Eagles either likely their 1st next year or pick 50 and a future day 2 pick to move that high.  

22 + 50 gets you 1180, which gets you just beyond pick 13. To get to 12 you'd only need to tack on like pick 171 or a future 4th.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Danger said:

22 + 50 gets you 1180, which gets you just beyond pick 13. To get to 12 you'd only need to tack on like pick 171 or a future 4th.

What you're not taking into account is that several teams are going to be looking to move into the top 12 to get a QB.  Prices are going to be inflated and you're going to be paying QB prices.

22 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

What you're not taking into account is that several teams are going to be looking to move into the top 12 to get a QB.  Prices are going to be inflated and you're going to be paying QB prices.

ainj't no one moving UP to 12 for Nix or Penix cmon now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Terrion definitely fits the current version of Howie the most. He’s always valued CB highly, now he’s on a SEC/Proven track record streak of guys.

Corner is kinda an all or nothing position. Sharp drop off of guys that are both physically/mentally capable of it and have shown it (in a way that should translate). They bust so much, if you miss out on a top guy you’re kinda better off waiting to round 2 and taking one of those guys (Tampa, Melton).

Arnold is the only guy at corner Howie makes that move for and doesn’t blink at all.

I still think the most likely move we make is trading back and picking up a 2025 pick and a second or a third, but we will see. Terrion is clearly the CB that fits the Howie mold though ya.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

ainj't no one moving UP to 12 for Nix or Penix cmon now lol

You sure about that?  Just going down the list I count 14 teams in front of the Eagles that could use a QB.  In any other year Nix and Penix are likely to go early in the 1st Rd.  Denver at 12 in particular has to take a QB.  You think they're moving out of 12 to 22 and risking Nix and Penix are gone? You think the Raiders are passing at 13 bc they're just so confident in Minshew and O'Connell?

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I still think the most likely move we make is trading back and picking up a 2025 pick and a second or a third, but we will see. Terrion is clearly the CB that fits the Howie mold though ya.

I think my favorite scenario would be fooling Dallas into thinking we're taking Guyton at 22 and swindling an extra pick out of Dallas to still take DeJean at 24 haha.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

You sure about that?  Just going down the list I count 14 teams in front of the Eagles that could use a QB.  In any other year Nix and Penix are likely to go early in the 1st Rd.  Denver at 12 in particular has to take a QB.  You think they're moving out of 12 to 22 and risking Nix and Penix are gone? You think the Raiders are passing at 13 bc they're just so confident in Minshew and O'Connell?

Well if neither of them is taking a corner themselves, then trading up to 14-16 is just even cheaper for us? LOL

The point is, teams that are in the playoffs are not going to be trading up to get Nix or Penix, which was your argument that it'd cost more, because other teams want to trade up for QBs...

Just now, Danger said:

Well if neither of them is taking a corner themselves, then trading up to 14-16 is just even cheaper for us? LOL

The point is, teams that are in the playoffs are not going to be trading up to get Nix or Penix, which was your argument that it'd cost more, because other teams want to trade up for QBs...

Do you think the Rams feel good about Stafford moving forward? They also apparently were in the mix for Sam Howell as well as Seattle. It probably takes Seattle out of looking at a QB in the 1st Rd, but the Rams and Dolphins are very much in play.  Pittsburgh doesn't have a lot invested in Wilson and Fields, so hard to say with them.  They could be without a QB at all after the season if they predictably flame out.

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Do you think the Rams feel good about Stafford moving forward? They also apparently were in the mix for Sam Howell as well as Seattle. It probably takes Seattle out of looking at a QB in the 1st Rd, but the Rams and Dolphins are very much in play.  Pittsburgh doesn't have a lot invested in Wilson and Fields, so hard to say with them.  They could be without a QB at all after the season if they predictably flame out.

You don't know Sean McVay's MO if you think he's gonna move up for Penix or Nix. He wants to get established guys in the building and trade away picks to do so.

I think the Dolphins could take Penix if he falls to 21, I doubt they move up higher than #15 for him. 

Pittsburgh ain't drafting one of those two after acquiring Russ AND Fields lol c'mon now. Maybe they reevaluate where they're at in 12 months if things go poorly.

12 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I think my favorite scenario would be fooling Dallas into thinking we're taking Guyton at 22 and swindling an extra pick out of Dallas to still take DeJean at 24 haha.

I am very into this idea lol.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You don't know Sean McVay's MO if you think he's gonna move up for Penix or Nix. He wants to get established guys in the building and trade away picks to do so.

I think the Dolphins could take Penix if he falls to 21, I doubt they move up higher than #15 for him. 

Pittsburgh ain't drafting one of those two after acquiring Russ AND Fields lol c'mon now. Maybe they reevaluate where they're at in 12 months if things go poorly.

I don't think Pittsburgh would, but the Rams and Dolphins are very much in play.  To be fair, both may wait til day 2 to take a QB, but there's a huge drop off after those 2 guys.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am very into this idea lol.

If we can fool Dallas into doing something dumb, that's cool. I'm not really a Guyton fan though.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we can fool Dallas into doing something dumb, that's cool. I'm not really a Guyton fan though.

He very much feels like a fallback option for the Eagles if all of their sure fire 1st rounders are off the board.  In no particular order I think they have 1st Rd grades on minus the QB's

Arnold, Mitchell, DeJean, Fautanu, Fuaga Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Alt, Fautanu, Bowers, Verse, Latu, Newton, Jackson Powers-Johnson

That is probably their 1st round board in some form or another.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

None of those 3 is worth a day 2 pick if you ask me. But to each their own.

For what the Eagles need (slot) I feel like they could wait until after 53 for Washington, Thrash or Cowing, even trading up 10 spots or so (from 120) for one.

19 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

For what the Eagles need (slot) I feel like they could wait until after 53 for Washington, Thrash or Cowing, even trading up 10 spots or so (from 120) for one.

I feel confident in saying neither will be a target for the Eagles.  Neither tested particularly great relative to their peers and I at least haven't found the Eagles linked to either in any way.  Of the 2 I'd rather take Cowing.  This may just be me being weird, but I don't know that I could stomach watching a WR on the field wearing the Eagles logo with the last name Thrash.

The guys to watch are Brendan Rice and Ainias Smith.