2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, reddevil said:

4 QBs are going top 10 I’d reckon. Minn and Giants to compete for the 4th.

I don’t think the Giants go with Nix or Penix if they miss out - but Denver will go for Nix if he’s there at 12 imo.

I think we’ll have to get ahead of Den if we want Nix and if we don’t go Nix, it will be a big gamble to see if Penix will last long enough for us to take him late first or in the 2nd.

QB value is always super inflated in the pre-draft process. 

Williams/Daniels/Maye will be the first 3 picks

McCarthy will go top 10 to a team that trades up

Nix will go in the 1st either to us or Denver at 12/13 or to someone that trades up to get him

Penix will go in the 2nd

40 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

We say this every year, and every year we're proven wrong. QBs are more likely to fall based on their pre-draft projections than get overdrafted (see Levis, Willis, Ridder, Lock, Lamar Jackson, DeShone Kizer, Geno Smith, Rodgers, Connor Cook).

Lock Ridder and Connor cook we're not considered first rounders. Levis was supposed to go high but then questions about his character came out right before the draft. The year Geno Smith was picked no one was considered a first round quarterback. I can't remember honestly where DeSean Kaiser was supposed to go supposedly. rogers wore flip-flops and scared the other GM's off because I thought you didn't care enough about football. I think Lamar Jackson because at the time a player with his skills that was unprecedented(remember he wasnt a passer back then)

^Now with that being, said don't get me wrong: Overall I'm not one of those guys no does the whole what does the "consensus" think. The reality is we don't have a Long term quarterback option. There's a guy that I think could be that long-term option at quarterback I'm not going to look at mock drafts and what I hear that other teams think to set my draft board. I'm gonna get that guy. This is the quarterback position we're talking about. 

^Now that said, the only thing that would really deter me personally is the fact that this is one of those years that if you need a tackle you better go get one. The most ideal scenario in my opinion would be to somehow find a way to get Penix and one of those high-end OT. 

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing is I understand what the problem is with doing this but I would actually take Penix at 13 just due to the fact that you know quarterbacks are gonna get overdrafted and it's a dangerous game thinking he's gonna go all the way to the second round. To me the only problem with taking him at 13 is just the fact that this is one of the best offensive tackle drafts I've seen in my lifetime.

Blake Fisher at #77 is significantly better value then taking a LT at #13 and moving them to RT.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Blake Fisher at #77 is significantly better value then taking a LT at #13 and moving them to RT.

Personally, I don't even want to do the whole LT and move them to RT thing. I would like to draft an RT like Fauga Latham or Mims. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Unless Wilkins is going to play QB you're wasting another prime year for all of our top end talent.

Ain't no rookie going to come in here and be lights out anyway. AO4 with all his limitations was probably the 2nd best Rookie QB last year. So give me Fields, Minshew and AO4 to battle it out with a strong defense.

Fields still has the highest upside of all of them.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Ain't no rookie going to come in here and be lights out anyway. AO4 with all his limitations was probably the 2nd best Rookie QB last year. So give me Fields, Minshew and AO4 to battle it out with a strong defense.

Shoot I have no problem with getting an OT and trading for fields because I know we'll move the ball with the weapons we have if the Oline is better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Personally, I don't even want to do the whole LT and move them to RT thing. I would like to draft an RT like Fauga Latham or Mims. 

Mims having less than 1,000 career snaps doesn't worry you?

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Fields still has the highest upside of all of them.

And you know this how? AOC was god awful outside of the Chargers game and Fields is one of the worst passers in the league. You're punting next season without a legit QB.

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Fuaga and Latham more than Mims lol

I just think RT at #13 when you have no QB and no #1 CB is bad value. You can find a quality RT late in the draft, your odds on hitting on an elite CB or QB late are slim to none.