2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Just now, NYRaider said:

USC was 4-8 the year before Caleb/Lincoln arrived and the program in general was dead in the water at that point under Clay Helton. Caleb arrived and they instantly became nationally relevant, went 11-3, and were a game out of the college football playoffs after finishing 11th in the Pac-12 the previous year. 

UNC was mid before Maye and has been pretty mid with him, lol. 

Yes and they aren’t going to even come close to sniffing the college playoffs this year. This season is an absolute embarrassment for that program. They didn’t progress, they backslid and have wilted in the face of every decent opponent they have faced. Also with comparing USC to UNC it’s pretty comical to try and put both programs on an equal pedestal. That USC is this bad should be an absolute embarrassment for both Lincoln and Caleb when they have the resources and recruiting ability they do. They’ll be leaving Lincoln on a tarmac somewhere in a couple years. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

Yes and they aren’t going to even come close to sniffing the college playoffs this year. This season is an absolute embarrassment for that program. They didn’t progress, they backslid and have wilted in the face of every decent opponent they have faced. Also with comparing USC to UNC it’s pretty comical to try and put both programs on an equal pedestal. That USC is this bad should be an absolute embarrassment for both Lincoln and Caleb when they have the resources and recruiting ability they do. They’ll be leaving Lincoln on a tarmac somewhere in a couple years. 

This year has obviously been a disappointment but Caleb was able to mask a lot of their issues last year just being unreal all season. He has definitely come down to earth a little bit this season but we also saw the same thing happen to other goated prospects such as Lawrence and Luck. My point remains though, if Caleb is judged for struggling against elite teams, Maye should be judged in the same way for struggling against juggernauts like Duke, UVA, and GT.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

This year has obviously been a disappointment but Caleb was able to mask a lot of their issues last year just being unreal all season. He has definitely come down to earth a little bit this season but we also saw the same thing happen to other goated prospects such as Lawrence and Luck. My point remains though, if Caleb is judged for struggling against elite teams, Maye should be judged in the same way for struggling against juggernauts like Duke, UVA, and GT.

Yes and my point was you used the past year to tout wins and losses as the ultimate qb stat yet throw it out the window when assessing Caleb. It just comes off as you being about hype over substance. As I have said before, while I prefer Maye I do like Caleb as a prospect. I just have him as QB2 and not QB1. 

10 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yes and my point was you used the past year to tout wins and losses as the ultimate qb stat yet throw it out the window when assessing Caleb. It just comes off as you being about hype over substance. As I have said before, while I prefer Maye I do like Caleb as a prospect. I just have him as QB2 and not QB1. 

For NFL QBs it is, for college QBs it isn't brother.

25 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Lincoln Riley will leave USC by next year in my opinion. He will sucker an NFL owner to hire him soon

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

Man.... lot of seriously ridiculous arguments being made in here right now. I'm not even going to engage.

Remember the name Carson Beck. Making his case for QB3. He's an NFL starter that nobody is talking about right now who will be someone everyone is talking about soon. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Man.... lot of seriously ridiculous arguments being made in here right now. I'm not even going to engage.

Remember the name Carson Beck. Making his case for QB3. He's an NFL starter that nobody is talking about right now who will be someone everyone is talking about soon. 

You love game managers

F0Mpo3rWAAItC2R.jpg

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb is the definition of a dog son, if USC played UNC's schedule the last two seasons they'd be undefeated. 

You know, both Caleb and Drake can be good QBs right? 

You don't have to troll a very very good prospect in Maye to justify liking Caleb. Or do all trolls only see black and white in every situation?

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

You don't have to troll a very very good prospect in Maye to justify liking Caleb. Or do all trolls only see black and white in every situation?

I swear there’s a groupthink out there where if you don’t think Caleb is QB1 then you think he is garbage. I don’t understand it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Obviously I know that both can be good. When have I trolled about Maye? I literally just said it's crazy to me that Maye isn't judged in the same way that Caleb is, that's it, not sure how that's trolling.