2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I swear there’s a groupthink out there where if you don’t think Caleb is QB1 then you think he is garbage. I don’t understand it. 

It's not groupthink, it's just crazy to knock one prospect for things and then completely ignore those same things with another prospect to fit your narrative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

I swear there’s a groupthink out there where if you don’t think Caleb is QB1 then you think he is garbage. I don’t understand it. 

It's annoying. You can be critical of some parts of a players game, the offense they play in etc. and still think they are a damn good prospect. This all or nothing thinking is ridiculous with people. 

There are 5-6 QBs in this class including Williams I'd happily want on my team. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

It's annoying. You can be critical of some parts of a players game, the offense they play in etc. and still think they are a damn good prospect. This all or nothing thinking is ridiculous with people. 

There are 5-6 QBs in this class including Williams I'd happily want on my team. 

Exactly. There is no such thing as a perfect prospect in my eyes. Everyone has something they can improve on. I’ll never understand getting defensive and refusing to see that. At the end of the day this is going to be a fun qb class and I will be happy with several of them. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Yeah dude..... not the example you think it is.

Regardless, it was a joke. I have no issue with crying or being emotional in sports. 

Only the GOATs such as MJ and Caleb are allowed to cry brother. 

But regardless, if people are going to judge Caleb for losing games to elite teams like Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, etc. 

They should also judge Maye for his poor performances against community college level opponents. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It's not groupthink, it's just crazy to knock one prospect for things and then completely ignore those same things with another prospect to fit your narrative. 

You are literally the only one doing that and the only one who thinks people are pushing narratives.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I literally have no narrative here. I was pointing out the flaws in yours my son. As I have said from the beginning I like both prospects. You’re the one that has been dragging Maye to make more of a case for Caleb. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously I know that both can be good. When have I trolled about Maye? I literally just said it's crazy to me that Maye isn't judged in the same way that Caleb is, that's it, not sure how that's trolling.

You've called him overrated because of the Caleb hate. Which is really just @ronjon1990 who is highly critical and for valid reasons. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You've called him overrated because of the Caleb hate. Which is really just @ronjon1990 who is highly critical and for valid reasons. 

Saying Maye is the better prospect isn't based on film, production, tools, etc. It's almost entirely based on the anti-Caleb narrative that has become trendy to follow because of USC's meh season and prospect fatigue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I literally have no narrative here. I was pointing out the flaws in yours my son. As I have said from the beginning I like both prospects. You’re the one that has been dragging Maye to make more of a case for Caleb. 

Dragging Maye by saying his mediocre performances against bad teams should be judged just as harshly as Caleb's performances against elite ones? lol

Just now, NYRaider said:

Saying Maye is the better prospect isn't based on film, production, tools, etc. It's almost entirely based on the anti-Caleb narrative that has become trendy to follow because of USC's meh season and prospect fatigue. 

This is completely false. Maye does several things better than Caleb. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Only the GOATs such as MJ and Caleb are allowed to cry brother. 

But regardless, if people are going to judge Caleb for losing games to elite teams like Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, etc. 

They should also judge Maye for his poor performances against community college level opponents. 

See... there you go again..... you can't help yourself.