Packers extend QB Jordan Love (1 year, $22.5M, $13.5M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I never liked Hundley so I laughed. I don't think anyone did. Certainly not as a starter or anywhere near Love 

Probably not as much as Love, but at least a few Packer fans wanted to give Hundley a shot, if for no other reason than to trade Rodgers for a haul. Maybe I'm misremembering, though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

Probably not as much as Love, but at least a few Packer fans wanted to give Hundley a shot, if for no other reason than to trade Rodgers for a haul. Maybe I'm misremembering, though. 

I definitely remember being ok with the idea of trading Rodgers and starting Hundley. More because I was convinced Rodgers would never get us back to the SB by that point. So I was ok tanking with Hundley. I think that was the general logic around the "roll with Hundley" people back then.

Love is definitely different though. He's gonna be an actually good QB.

2 hours ago, malak1 said:

I was all about HUNDLEYMANIA, during the preseason.  It was fun.  And there was a period after Matt Flynn where the second and third string QBs were so bad that we never really got to evaluate any of the back-ups in preseason because it was either a run play, or a horrible pass, or a sack.  Lots of 3 and outs.  So Hundley was a fun watch.  Anyone seriously saying Hundley was better than other QBs was probably just talking crap.  Heck, we used to call Matt Flynn "The Real Matty Ice," just as a goof.  

But on a more serious note.  Now that Aaron Rodgers is on the Jets, Brett Hundley is the best QB in the NFC North.  By far.  WHATCHA GONNA DO BROTHER?  WHEN HUNDLEY MANIA RUNS WILD ON YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

485764312.0.jpg

• Like 1