Texans 2023 Schedule

ET80

Feel free to drop as much information as possible here! And if anyone wants dibs on specific GDTs, now's the time to ask!

Per Shaun Bijani - CJ Stroud v Bryce Young will be Week 4 (10/29/23). Houston will travel to Carolina for that one. It'll be the first time Young faces off against former teammate Will Anderson...

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Feel free to drop as much information as possible here! And if anyone wants dibs on specific GDTs, now's the time to ask!

Per Shaun Bijani - CJ Stroud v Bryce Young will be Week 4 (10/29/23). Houston will travel to Carolina for that one. It'll be the first time Young faces off against former teammate Will Anderson...

by week 4 both guys should be starting for sure, assuming they are healthy. I would love to beat the Panthers in this one!

• Like 2

There is a lot of reason to have hope. 

1. The roster is a lot better than last year. We have added talent across the board without losing any. 

2. The coaching "should" be better than last year.  We have a TON of unproven coaches on our staff, included the HC/OC/DC. That could end up being a disaster, but I really think our coaching will be better than last year. 

3. We were really really bad last year, and the season could have been much much different. We averaged 17 points per game and were 30th in defense last year....it can only get better. If we were just slightly better last year, the season could have been different...much different. 

Week 1 we get a win instead of a tie. 
Week 2 a 7 point loss to a bad team
Week 3 a 3 point loss to a bad team.....we were 0-2-1 when we could have easily been 3-0 with just a little bit better play
Week 4 a close but expected loss to the Chargers
Week 5 was a win against the Jags...we were 1-3-1 and we easily could have been 4-1

Coming out of the bye week we were pretty bad, we could have lost 7 straight and been 4-8

Back to Back games where we blew 4th quarter leads could have made us 6-8

Then we finished the year 2-1.....we could have been 8-9 this season if we were just a little bit better.

that gives me reason for hope. 

Now for this season, the schedule seems difficult for a last place team. 

I think we go 3-3 in the division, maybe 4-2

We might go 1-3 against the AFC North

We could go 2-2 or 3-1 against the NFC West

We could finish 1-1 in our battle of last place games against the Jets and Broncos

Then we could win our bonus 17th game against the Falcons

That's potentially anywhere from 8-9 to 10-8

but my heart and my head tell me that we will probably be more in the 6-11 range.