Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

WTF does Carr have to do with Jimmy G long ball. Adams is Carr friend. He will not be mad at him but not Jimmy G. Do you want him to requesting a trade five weeks into the season?

Lmao this is nonsense. Jimmy had a bad day and literally at the end hit Adams on a deep pass and Adams told reporters to make sure they write about that.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Adams game is nuanced. He wins with route precious and is a YAC monster. 

Last year, Adams had a a career worst 55.5% catch rate. 100 receptions on 180 targets. Carr throwing YOLO balls his direction did no favors. Adams eats with the ball in his hands, you can't miss that many throws. He was feast of famine week to week. We should see that figure improve and the offense be more consistent because of it. 

Adams also isnt normally a deep threat. (he can of course, but not his game) Last year was a result of a couple tings, but mainly depth chart issues. 
Ill take throwing to Adams in tight coverage vs Hollins in light coverage game on the line truthfully. 
Call it a yolo ball, I call it going to your top receiver. 

I hope Jimmy feeds Adams too. 

Agreed on the overall point though, I expect us to see Adams back to the mid range WR he is, playing to his strengths, instead of being put in position to basically do everything for our O. 

Also nice to hear JMD is bringing in some SF plays, maybe giving up some control of his way or the hwy? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What appearantly you missed the part where first padded practices Jimmy bounced back and was hitting everything.

First padded pracitce doesnt mean much for a QB though does it? 

Jimmy got coaches to send maxx running laps for hitting him. 
Cant do that in games. 

I agree with it, Maxx knows better, but just overall, does first padded practice make it tougher for Qbs?

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

First padded pracitce doesnt mean much for a QB though does it? 

Jimmy got coaches to send maxx running laps for hitting him. 
Cant do that in games. 

I agree with it, Maxx knows better, but just overall, does first padded practice make it tougher for Qbs?

To answer your question yes the blocking is real and the defense is coming at you much harder.

Also saw Max had to run the lap for jumping offside not for hitting Jimmy G.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

To answer your question yes the blocking is real and the defense is coming at you much harder.

Also saw Max had to run the lap for jumping offside not for hitting Jimmy G.

Fair I guess it depends if they blow play dead, or let it continue. Ive seen raider teams do both, attending mini camps.
If they are blowing it dead, I can see it being tougher. 
if the D just runs close to him, and then stop, and jimmy is able to play through, it doesnt really mean much to me. 

whatttt? we are holding players accountable for avoidable penalties? Love it! only took what 20 years haha.