Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

I love how Love is supposed to throw swing passes on the money "every single time" despite StatBoy's hero not being able to throw them, at all, his entire career. I can't tell you how many times 12 made RBs or WRs stop in their tracks in the flat because he threw the ball behind them. 

This idea that Love needs to be perfect and that catchable balls aren't good enough just shows the ******* agenda this clown has. Quit quoting him, please. Those of us smart enough to have him on ignore would rather not choose to involuntarily lose IQ points trying to read his bull****. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I love how Love is supposed to throw swing passes on the money "every single time" despite StatBoy's hero not being able to throw them, at all, his entire career. I can't tell you how many times 12 made RBs or WRs stop in their tracks in the flat because he threw the ball behind them. 

This idea that Love needs to be perfect and that catchable balls aren't good enough just shows the ******* agenda this clown has. Quit quoting him, please. Those of us smart enough to have him on ignore would rather not choose to involuntarily lose IQ points trying to read his bull****. 

He's literally memeing and people think he's being serious

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He's literally memeing and people think he's being serious

No he’s really not. I’ve had to second and triple guess myself often for how many times he’s liked my posts in here.

If Love was at 70%, 5 less interceptions, 5 more touchdowns and 7 YPA he’d still hate Love because he’s not Rodgers.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Does he have to have the 90s Cowboys OL to look competent? The OL has absolutely nothing to do with his inability to throw basic NFL passes. This guy is in year 4, he should be able to throw swing passes and 5 yard outs on the money every single time, there should be no "well it was a catchable ball", he doesn't get the benefit of doubt when he hasn't shown he can be consistently accurate whatsoever.

Just like our previous HOF QB, right?  He never missed easy passes.

38 minutes ago, MacReady said:

No he’s really not. I’ve had to second and triple guess myself often for how many times he’s liked my posts in here.

If Love was at 70%, 5 less interceptions, 5 more touchdowns and 7 YPA he’d still hate Love because he’s not Rodgers.

If Love was playing like an MVP candidate I would admit I was wrong about him and be glad we have another franchise QB but he isn't. I have no problem admitting I am wrong about players, unlike the majority of this forum. I was wrong about Mac Jones, I was wrong about Zach Tom, I never claimed to be a football wizard.

You guys can keep living in this fantasy land where he magically turns it around and play like a top 10 QB the rest of the season but I wont.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

Did you miss the part where I said he hasn't earned the benefit of doubt? Everybody knows QBs miss throws, it happens, but when your QB can't break 60% to save his life maybe just maybe its because he isn't accurate. 

58 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Worst completion percentage in the league. 78 passer rating.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Pretty soon there's going to be a point where there are no more excuses. It's just that last week was a microcosm of how little help the receivers are giving him.  Six to eight drops on balls that were catchable.  They probably dropped 100 yards worth of footballs out there. It was embarrassing.  

There will be excuses as long as he's on the roster. People will always find a way to be irrational about their favorite team. We should take a QB with a top 3 pick but we probably won't because that's just not how we do things. I lost all faith in this front office 4 years ago.

Edited by StatKing

36 minutes ago, StatKing said:

If Love was playing like an MVP candidate I would admit I was wrong about him and be glad we have another franchise QB but he isn't. I have no problem admitting I am wrong about players, unlike the majority of this forum. I was wrong about Mac Jones, I was wrong about Zach Tom, I never claimed to be a football wizard.

You guys can keep living in this fantasy land where he magically turns it around and play like a top 10 QB the rest of the season but I wont.

I don’t think this. I expect he’s a miss. I just try to have realistic discussions about it. I’ve acknowledged it’s very possible I’m wrong. I don’t think I am. You come at it with all negative and dislike. I come at it with disappointment and my own perceived realism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cousin Eddie said:

To be fair, Rosgers was 6 full % better on completion percentage and over a yard more YPA in his rookie year. Rodgers was 7.5 YPA in his first year as a starter. That is ABSURDLY high for a first year starter. For comparison, Burrow in his first year as a starter was 6.7. That was with a stacked WR room.

Josh Allen was like 6.5.

The only QB I KNOW to have been better in their first year as a starter was Mahomes.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I don’t think this. I expect he’s a miss. I just try to have realistic discussions about it. I’ve acknowledged it’s very possible I’m wrong. I don’t think I am. You come at it with all negative and dislike. I come at it with disappointment and my own perceived realism.

I'm sick of the way this franchise is run that's why I'm negative about it. I saw this season coming from a mile away and now we have the real possibility of getting stuck in QB purgatory for the next decade. All I see are people preaching patience when we should be panicking.

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I'm sick of the way this franchise is run that's why I'm negative about it. I saw this season coming from a mile away and now we have the real possibility of getting stuck in QB purgatory for the next decade. All I see are people preaching patience when we should be panicking.

It isn't patience purely of "oh give him many years." I think we need to at least let the rest of the season to play out before we worry about any of that. 

There's also tons of people saying "he ain't it" but like always you pretend none of that stuff exists. 

• Like 1