49era 2023 OTA thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Have to make him enticing to trade for

I do wonder Let's say Trey has massively improved. Darnold also could be a trade assist his dead cap is only 1.5 mil if traded.

Also,  I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs traded for Lance. A conditional 2024 first-round pick makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by 49erurtaza

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Interesting seems like the tone has changed "OPEN COMPETITION"

Take whatever Lynch says with a grain of salt.

Only thing is to let this play out. Purdy has a LONG road ahead of him in recovery and building his strength back on his throwing arm. If/when he gets healthy, we shall see what happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I do wonder Let's say Trey has massively improved. Darnold also could be a trade assist his dead cap is only 1.5 mil if traded.

Also,  I wouldn't be shocked if the Bucs traded for Lance. A conditional 2024 first-round pick makes a lot of sense. 

I don't think Lance has anywhere near that value across the league, though I'm sure the niners would take it in a heartbeat

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think Lance has anywhere near that value across the league, though I'm sure the niners would take it in a heartbeat

I definitely think if that was a part of a trade package prior to the draft, Trey would already have been off the team. Though I do think that it is possible that they have begun to like him enough where they'll turn down the second down pick type offers to just to see what they have. But the conditional first style trades probably still get the job done. They might be more intrigued by Lance now that he looks like a little less of a longshot, but they have 4 quarterbacks for three slots once Purdy returns. Brandon Allen makes a ton of sense as the 3rd QB. They want to roster one, but they'd rather it be a veteran given the young room, and they'd rather it be cheap. So I think the plan was to show Lance off while Purdy recovered and then deal him while giving Darnold a small test drive just to see if he can be closer to stronger-armed Purdy than himself. But given the small level of return involved and the very real value of a Lance on a rookie deal for one more year after this one, I think that Lance can play his way into a position where he gets more of a shot. If I was them I would want to give someone a small look in to see if they can be Purdy with actual upside as a long-term guy. But they could be utterly committed to a healthy Purdy already. I wouldn't be surprised. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You know what this means right? Open media session today so Shanny will have Darnold take some, if not all the first team reps today 😂.

Would have bet everything I own on this happening LOL.

Shanny is a very easy man to read. 

• Like 5